Ashley Judd meets with Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee
- Photo: MIKE DISCIULLO/Bauer-Griffin1 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage3 of 9
- Photo: Dominic Chan/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: Leon/Retna Digital5 of 9
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: ED REINKE/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&aposMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:24:00 PM
- 8 Things That Will and 2 Things That (Probably) Won't Happen on Big Bang Theory Season 8MSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:19:00 PM
- Leonardo DiCaprio Adds Star Power to People's Climate March in New YorkMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Crosses $250 Million at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:05:00 PM
- Lauryn Hill Slammed on Twitter for 'Utter Shi-' Performance and 90 Minute Late ArrMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:38:00 AM
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&apos
Ashley Judd 2014? The actress, 44, met this week with the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee in Washington, D.C., Politico reports. The DSCC helps support Democratic candidates running for Senate -- furthering suspicions that the star may indeed be interested in running against Mitch McConnell, the current Republican Senator of her home state, who is up for re-election next year.
More clues? Judd also dined with prominent Kentucky Democrats on Thursday in Louisville, with local TV station WHAS 11 reporting that Judd told Congressman John Yarmuth and other VIPs that she is "leaning toward" running for Senate, and may decide by Derby Day, May 6.
Judd is even targeted in an attack ad from McConnell, in which he mocks the lack of viable Democratic opponents for the Senatorial seat and characterizes Judd as a "radical."
The buzz around Judd's political aspiration began last November, immediately after President Barack Obama''s re-election. "I cherish Kentucky, heart and soul, and while I'm very honored by the consideration, we have just finished an election, so let's focus on coming together to keep moving America's families, and especially our kids, forward," Judd told Us Weekly in a statement.
Either way, it's a time of transition for the star. Late last month, she and race car driver husband Dario Franchitti announced the end of their 10-year marriage. "We'll always be family and continue to cherish our relationship based on the special love, integrity, and respect we have always enjoyed," a rep for the couple said.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Take a peek at Jessica Simpson’s kissy Instagram feed on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite