Ashley Judd meets with Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee
- Photo: MIKE DISCIULLO/Bauer-Griffin1 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage3 of 9
- Photo: Dominic Chan/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: Leon/Retna Digital5 of 9
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: ED REINKE/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier diesMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:54:34 AM
- Jonathan Demme selling vast art collection in Pa.MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:51:16 AM
- Lena Dunham Jokes About 'Girls' Nudity in 'SNL' MonologueMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler Has Surprise Beach WeddingMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:28:00 PM
- Science Channel Greenlights Craig Ferguson Series 'I F-ing Love Science'MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:10:00 PM
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier dies
Ashley Judd 2014? The actress, 44, met this week with the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee in Washington, D.C., Politico reports. The DSCC helps support Democratic candidates running for Senate -- furthering suspicions that the star may indeed be interested in running against Mitch McConnell, the current Republican Senator of her home state, who is up for re-election next year.
More clues? Judd also dined with prominent Kentucky Democrats on Thursday in Louisville, with local TV station WHAS 11 reporting that Judd told Congressman John Yarmuth and other VIPs that she is "leaning toward" running for Senate, and may decide by Derby Day, May 6.
Judd is even targeted in an attack ad from McConnell, in which he mocks the lack of viable Democratic opponents for the Senatorial seat and characterizes Judd as a "radical."
The buzz around Judd's political aspiration began last November, immediately after President Barack Obama''s re-election. "I cherish Kentucky, heart and soul, and while I'm very honored by the consideration, we have just finished an election, so let's focus on coming together to keep moving America's families, and especially our kids, forward," Judd told Us Weekly in a statement.
Either way, it's a time of transition for the star. Late last month, she and race car driver husband Dario Franchitti announced the end of their 10-year marriage. "We'll always be family and continue to cherish our relationship based on the special love, integrity, and respect we have always enjoyed," a rep for the couple said.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite