Ashley Judd meets with Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee
- Photo: MIKE DISCIULLO/Bauer-Griffin1 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage3 of 9
- Photo: Dominic Chan/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: Leon/Retna Digital5 of 9
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: ED REINKE/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Need More Sarah Palin? Right-Wing Firebrand Launches Online TV ChannelMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 11:42:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 11:13 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 8:13:21 PM
- The Leftovers' Amy Brenneman: Laurie's "Not So Fragile" AnymoreMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Comic-Con: How 'Bates Motel' Makes Norman and His Mom More Likable (Guest Blog)MSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 7:49:00 PM
- 'Manhattan' Creator on Doomsday Drama: 'Americans Never Met an ApocalypseMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 5:57:00 PM
- Need More Sarah Palin? Right-Wing Firebrand Launches Online TV Channel
Ashley Judd 2014? The actress, 44, met this week with the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee in Washington, D.C., Politico reports. The DSCC helps support Democratic candidates running for Senate -- furthering suspicions that the star may indeed be interested in running against Mitch McConnell, the current Republican Senator of her home state, who is up for re-election next year.
More clues? Judd also dined with prominent Kentucky Democrats on Thursday in Louisville, with local TV station WHAS 11 reporting that Judd told Congressman John Yarmuth and other VIPs that she is "leaning toward" running for Senate, and may decide by Derby Day, May 6.
Judd is even targeted in an attack ad from McConnell, in which he mocks the lack of viable Democratic opponents for the Senatorial seat and characterizes Judd as a "radical."
The buzz around Judd's political aspiration began last November, immediately after President Barack Obama''s re-election. "I cherish Kentucky, heart and soul, and while I'm very honored by the consideration, we have just finished an election, so let's focus on coming together to keep moving America's families, and especially our kids, forward," Judd told Us Weekly in a statement.
Either way, it's a time of transition for the star. Late last month, she and race car driver husband Dario Franchitti announced the end of their 10-year marriage. "We'll always be family and continue to cherish our relationship based on the special love, integrity, and respect we have always enjoyed," a rep for the couple said.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Taylor Swift has been rocking red over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Beyonce to Jennifer Lopez, see how these stars keep their figures trim.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite