Ashley Judd meets with Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee
- Photo: MIKE DISCIULLO/Bauer-Griffin1 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage3 of 9
- Photo: Dominic Chan/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: Leon/Retna Digital5 of 9
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: ED REINKE/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
Ashley Judd 2014? The actress, 44, met this week with the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee in Washington, D.C., Politico reports. The DSCC helps support Democratic candidates running for Senate -- furthering suspicions that the star may indeed be interested in running against Mitch McConnell, the current Republican Senator of her home state, who is up for re-election next year.
More clues? Judd also dined with prominent Kentucky Democrats on Thursday in Louisville, with local TV station WHAS 11 reporting that Judd told Congressman John Yarmuth and other VIPs that she is "leaning toward" running for Senate, and may decide by Derby Day, May 6.
Judd is even targeted in an attack ad from McConnell, in which he mocks the lack of viable Democratic opponents for the Senatorial seat and characterizes Judd as a "radical."
The buzz around Judd's political aspiration began last November, immediately after President Barack Obama''s re-election. "I cherish Kentucky, heart and soul, and while I'm very honored by the consideration, we have just finished an election, so let's focus on coming together to keep moving America's families, and especially our kids, forward," Judd told Us Weekly in a statement.
Either way, it's a time of transition for the star. Late last month, she and race car driver husband Dario Franchitti announced the end of their 10-year marriage. "We'll always be family and continue to cherish our relationship based on the special love, integrity, and respect we have always enjoyed," a rep for the couple said.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Girl!
From Crowd Ignite