Ashton and CNN in Twitter Battle for a Million Followers; Demise of Our Culture to FollowRelated: Ashton Kutcher
- Photo: Retna Digital1 of 5
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com2 of 5
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/AP3 of 5
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard PrizeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 11:05:21 AM
- Cannes: Lesbian Coming-of-Age Story 'Blue Is the Warmest Color' Wins Fipresci PrizMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 10:48:45 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Driving Record Memorial Day Weekend at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 7:34:58 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: From Bloody Fun to Bloody SchlockMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 6:55:12 AM
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects BoostMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:42:06 PM
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard Prize
Never before has there been a need to discuss CNN and Ashton Kutcher in the same sentence, but after Ashton announced he was going try to beat CNN in becoming the first Twitterer with a million followers a few days ago, it seems to be the biggest news story of the year. Wonderwall asks the question: Really, guys?
In the race to a million, Ashton makes a whole slew of campaign promises. He first vowed to his fans that if he beats CNN, he'll play ding-dong ditch on Ted Turner's house. He later promised that he'd buy the millionth follower a Guitar Hero. Then he said he would donate 1000 bed nets on malarianomore.org if he wins.
He then tweeted:
"someone pointed out I should do 1000 anyway.. good point if I get to 1 million b4 cnn i'll by 10000 bed nets http://www.malarianomore.org"
At least someone called him out.
Larry King isn't taking this sitting down. Well maybe he's sitting down (he probably should remain sitting at all times), but he laid the smackdown on Ashton last night when he said, "Are you kidding? Do you think you can take on an entire network? Do you know how big we are? Do you know what CNN is? Kutcher, youre playing out of your field. Youre in another time zone. This aint gonna work. CNN will bury you!"
We expect this kind of asinine behavior from Ashton, but come on, CNN ... You're in a TWEET battle with the "Punk'd" guy. We'll just let you digest that for a second.
If it weren't bad enough, the popularity contest now has a sponsor. Electronic Arts has promised that if Ashton wins, his millionth follower will receive every game they make in 2009 and will be featured in the next Sims game. And the follower will be featured as what exactly? A nerdy, creepy, Ashton-loving Tweeter? Is this guy gonna get more press than Octomom?
You can also get up-to-the-minute stats on this site ... just check it out when you take a break from World of Warcraft.
We're not gonna take sides here. We're just gonna follow Weird Al Yankovic and call it a day. Did you know he has a cameo appearance in "17 Again"?
- Chief BeefKaty Perry incites a Twitter feud with a 17-year-old rapper. Get the dirty details on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Fashion BluesKourtney Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and Tara Reid all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Fights & FeudsGet the scoop on some of the most recent Hollywood feuds on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Svelte BodKhloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Last TripGet the scoop on Kim’s final pre-baby Parisian getaway on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Magic LoveThe stars of "Now You See Me" chat learning magic tricks and experiencing the real deal.Watch Video »
- Workout ObsessedGwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite