Ashton and CNN in Twitter Battle for a Million Followers; Demise of Our Culture to FollowRelated: Ashton Kutcher
- Photo: Retna Digital1 of 5
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com2 of 5
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/AP3 of 5
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Revenge' Ups Gretchen Berg, Aaron Harberts to Executive ProducersMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 5:08:58 PM
- Carole King Hits D.C. for Gershwin Salute MSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 5:03:12 PM
- Zac Efron Will Get Busted With Cocaine in Fox's 'Narc'MSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 5:00:27 PM
- Universal's 'Endless Love' Hitting Theaters on Valentine's DayMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 4:47:06 PM
- TLC's 'Little Couple' Preview: A Crash Course in Parenting (Exclusive VidMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 4:21:51 PM
- ABC's 'Revenge' Ups Gretchen Berg, Aaron Harberts to Executive Producers
Never before has there been a need to discuss CNN and Ashton Kutcher in the same sentence, but after Ashton announced he was going try to beat CNN in becoming the first Twitterer with a million followers a few days ago, it seems to be the biggest news story of the year. Wonderwall asks the question: Really, guys?
In the race to a million, Ashton makes a whole slew of campaign promises. He first vowed to his fans that if he beats CNN, he'll play ding-dong ditch on Ted Turner's house. He later promised that he'd buy the millionth follower a Guitar Hero. Then he said he would donate 1000 bed nets on malarianomore.org if he wins.
He then tweeted:
"someone pointed out I should do 1000 anyway.. good point if I get to 1 million b4 cnn i'll by 10000 bed nets http://www.malarianomore.org"
At least someone called him out.
Larry King isn't taking this sitting down. Well maybe he's sitting down (he probably should remain sitting at all times), but he laid the smackdown on Ashton last night when he said, "Are you kidding? Do you think you can take on an entire network? Do you know how big we are? Do you know what CNN is? Kutcher, youre playing out of your field. Youre in another time zone. This aint gonna work. CNN will bury you!"
We expect this kind of asinine behavior from Ashton, but come on, CNN ... You're in a TWEET battle with the "Punk'd" guy. We'll just let you digest that for a second.
If it weren't bad enough, the popularity contest now has a sponsor. Electronic Arts has promised that if Ashton wins, his millionth follower will receive every game they make in 2009 and will be featured in the next Sims game. And the follower will be featured as what exactly? A nerdy, creepy, Ashton-loving Tweeter? Is this guy gonna get more press than Octomom?
You can also get up-to-the-minute stats on this site ... just check it out when you take a break from World of Warcraft.
We're not gonna take sides here. We're just gonna follow Weird Al Yankovic and call it a day. Did you know he has a cameo appearance in "17 Again"?
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite