Ashton Kutcher Applauds Rumer Willis' Showstopping Performance
- Photo: Veda Jo Jenkins/Retna Digital1 of 16
- Photo: Jason Redmond/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: BT1/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Promotional7 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Edwards/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Henry S. Dziekan III/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Digital12 of 16
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: AMI/ZOJ/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Juan Rico/Fame Pictures15 of 16
More Celeb News
- An 86-year-old Utah woman writes romance novelMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:50:09 AM
- Jackie Chan expressed shame over son's drug arrestMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:42:39 AM
- Turner Plans Organizational Restructuring in Next Two MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 9:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Premiere to Feature Live 3D Red Carpet BroadcastMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 8:40:00 PM
- NFL's Super Bowl Halftime Show to Katy Perry, Rihanna and Coldplay: Show Me the Money!MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 7:25:00 PM
- An 86-year-old Utah woman writes romance novel
By Us Weekly
He may not longer be Demi Moore's husband, but Ashton Kutcher, 34, is still a father figure in the eyes of Rumer Willis, 23.
The "Two and a Half Men" star and a male friend arrived just before 12:30 a.m. Tuesday to support the aspiring singer during her performance at The Sayers Club in L.A. Wearing jeans, a white T-shirt and a red flannel knit, Kutcher "immediately joined Rumer's large table," an eyewitness tells Us Weekly. "Rumer seemed happy to see Ashton there, supporting her on her big night."
The two chatted on the couch before Willis went backstage to prep for her mini-concert. Willis, who wore bright red lipstick to match her red nails, "didn't say a word before taking the small stage," the eyewitness says. "As she began singing, Ashton stood up and stood a bit closer to the stage so he had a clear and close view of Rumer."
With the crowd cheering her on "non-stop," Willis "looked confident and proud." As she performed her second number, "I Can't Stand the Rain," Kutcher "smiled as he slowly bopped his head along to her song. He kept his arms crossed and never took his eyes off the stage," the eyewitness says. "Ashton looked like a proud father. He was beaming!"
For her final song, Willis performed a cover of Otis Redding's "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay."
"Alright, you guys," Willis told the crowd. "I know you all know this one, so I want to hear the slow clap at first."
"Ashton was swaying along and began whistling with his two fingers as she got into the song. Rumer nailed it! She sounded amazing -- very soulful," the eyewitness tells Us. "The crowd couldn't stop cheering and clapping as she finished. Rumer had a huge smile and blushed as she took a small bow."
Just before 1 a.m., Willis rejoined Kutcher and her friends at their table, where Kutcher "gave her a huge hug to congratulate her."
"It was a very loving and genuine hug," the eyewitness explains. "Ashton looked so proud and pleased to be supporting Rumer, and Rumer seemed so excited to have his support. They had a solid 10-second hug before Ashton got his guy friend and casually left through the back. He was strictly there to support Rumer."
Kutcher, 34, wasn't the only celebrity in the audience: Revenge costars Ashley Madekwe, Connor Paolo and Christa B. Allen were there, as were former Gossip Girl stars Jessica Szohr and Sebastian Stan.
Willis' 49-year-old mother recently left left Utah's Cirque Lodge, the 30-day rehab program she checked into in late January. She reportedly escaped to a private villa in Turks and Caicos shortly after. Moore arrived back in L.A. Monday.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite