Ashton Kutcher Applauds Rumer Willis' Showstopping Performance
- Photo: Veda Jo Jenkins/Retna Digital1 of 16
- Photo: Jason Redmond/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: BT1/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Promotional7 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Edwards/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Henry S. Dziekan III/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Digital12 of 16
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: AMI/ZOJ/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Juan Rico/Fame Pictures15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
By Us Weekly
He may not longer be Demi Moore's husband, but Ashton Kutcher, 34, is still a father figure in the eyes of Rumer Willis, 23.
The "Two and a Half Men" star and a male friend arrived just before 12:30 a.m. Tuesday to support the aspiring singer during her performance at The Sayers Club in L.A. Wearing jeans, a white T-shirt and a red flannel knit, Kutcher "immediately joined Rumer's large table," an eyewitness tells Us Weekly. "Rumer seemed happy to see Ashton there, supporting her on her big night."
The two chatted on the couch before Willis went backstage to prep for her mini-concert. Willis, who wore bright red lipstick to match her red nails, "didn't say a word before taking the small stage," the eyewitness says. "As she began singing, Ashton stood up and stood a bit closer to the stage so he had a clear and close view of Rumer."
With the crowd cheering her on "non-stop," Willis "looked confident and proud." As she performed her second number, "I Can't Stand the Rain," Kutcher "smiled as he slowly bopped his head along to her song. He kept his arms crossed and never took his eyes off the stage," the eyewitness says. "Ashton looked like a proud father. He was beaming!"
For her final song, Willis performed a cover of Otis Redding's "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay."
"Alright, you guys," Willis told the crowd. "I know you all know this one, so I want to hear the slow clap at first."
"Ashton was swaying along and began whistling with his two fingers as she got into the song. Rumer nailed it! She sounded amazing -- very soulful," the eyewitness tells Us. "The crowd couldn't stop cheering and clapping as she finished. Rumer had a huge smile and blushed as she took a small bow."
Just before 1 a.m., Willis rejoined Kutcher and her friends at their table, where Kutcher "gave her a huge hug to congratulate her."
"It was a very loving and genuine hug," the eyewitness explains. "Ashton looked so proud and pleased to be supporting Rumer, and Rumer seemed so excited to have his support. They had a solid 10-second hug before Ashton got his guy friend and casually left through the back. He was strictly there to support Rumer."
Kutcher, 34, wasn't the only celebrity in the audience: Revenge costars Ashley Madekwe, Connor Paolo and Christa B. Allen were there, as were former Gossip Girl stars Jessica Szohr and Sebastian Stan.
Willis' 49-year-old mother recently left left Utah's Cirque Lodge, the 30-day rehab program she checked into in late January. She reportedly escaped to a private villa in Turks and Caicos shortly after. Moore arrived back in L.A. Monday.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite