Ashton Kutcher Was Hospitalized After Adopting 'Fruitarian Diet’ for Steve Jobs Movie
- Photo: Darron Cummings/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: RAAK/GSI2 of 17
- Photo: Dean, MRM/NPG3 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 17
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage5 of 17
- Photo: Miguel/Fame Flynet6 of 17
- Photo: Pacific Coast News7 of 17
- Photo: VENTURINI/Bauer-Griffin8 of 17
- Photo: VENTURINI/Bauer-Griffin9 of 17
- Photo: VENTURINI/Bauer-Griffin10 of 17
- Photo: VENTURINI/Bauer-Griffin11 of 17
- Photo: VENTURINI/Bauer-Griffin12 of 17
- Photo: Twitter13 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP14 of 17
- Photo: OK! Magazine/.15 of 17
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- AMC Orders Martial Arts Drama 'Badlands' Straight to SeriesMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 4:36:00 PM
- 'The Chair' Producer Zachary Quinto Talks 'Skepticism' About UnsMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 4:19:00 PM
- LeBron James' Absence Demands Explanation During Starz's 'Survivor&apMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 4:15:00 PM
- Megan Ellison Nearing Deal to Co-Finance Leonardo DiCaprio Thriller 'The Revenant'MSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 3:52:00 PM
- Yahoo Acquires Mobile Streaming Start-up RayVMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 3:48:00 PM
- AMC Orders Martial Arts Drama 'Badlands' Straight to Series
Ashton Kutcher definitely suffered for his art. To realistically channel the late Apple Inc. founder Steve Jobs in biopic jOBS, the actor, 34, went to extreme lengths: Watching "hundreds of hours" of footage, scouring the visionary's speeches, interviewing Jobs' friends . . . and even copying his "fruitarian diet," Kutcher told the Associated Press at the Sundance Film Festival premiere of the film in Park City, Utah on Friday Jan. 25.
The choice to go "fruitarian" -- consuming only fruits, nuts and seeds and no animal products, vegetables or grains -- "can lead to some serious problems," Kutcher revealed. Indeed, as a result, Kutcher "ended up in the hospital two days before we started shooting the movie," he said.
"I was like doubled over in pain, and my pancreas levels were completely out of whack, which was completely terrifying, considering everything," said the That 70s Show alum. (Jobs died in October 2011 at age 56 of pancreatic cancer.)
The pain was worth it, Kutcher (a tech entrepreneur himself) insisted to Us Weekly at Friday's red carpet, which he attended without love Mila Kunis. Not that he isn't a little nervous about the reception to the film: "It's portraying a guy who just passed away that is really fresh in people's minds, that people are really passionate about, and care about, and have an opinion about -- that's really scary," he confessed. "Especially portraying a guy that I really admire ... it's terrifying, it's terrifying!"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
January Jones, Paris Hilton, and Toni Collette all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Kristen Stewart, Kate Hudson, and Jennifer Lopez all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See where the cast of "Full House" is today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTOn the Move
From Crowd Ignite