Ashton Kutcher Was Hospitalized After Adopting 'Fruitarian Diet’ for Steve Jobs Movie
- Photo: Darron Cummings/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: RAAK/GSI2 of 17
- Photo: Dean, MRM/NPG3 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 17
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage5 of 17
- Photo: Miguel/Fame Flynet6 of 17
- Photo: Pacific Coast News7 of 17
- Photo: VENTURINI/Bauer-Griffin8 of 17
- Photo: VENTURINI/Bauer-Griffin9 of 17
- Photo: VENTURINI/Bauer-Griffin10 of 17
- Photo: VENTURINI/Bauer-Griffin11 of 17
- Photo: VENTURINI/Bauer-Griffin12 of 17
- Photo: Twitter13 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP14 of 17
- Photo: OK! Magazine/.15 of 17
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York CityMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:07:00 AM
- Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Pedro Almodovar Condemn Israel for Gaza AttacksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:04:00 AM
- Ethan Hawke, Kevin Smith, Jean-Luc Godard Among New Crop of Directors Sending Films to TorontoMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:58:00 AM
- Die Hard Star James Shigeta Dies at 81MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:49:00 AM
- Earnings: New York Times Co. Profit Down 21% in Q2MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:43:00 AM
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York City
Ashton Kutcher definitely suffered for his art. To realistically channel the late Apple Inc. founder Steve Jobs in biopic jOBS, the actor, 34, went to extreme lengths: Watching "hundreds of hours" of footage, scouring the visionary's speeches, interviewing Jobs' friends . . . and even copying his "fruitarian diet," Kutcher told the Associated Press at the Sundance Film Festival premiere of the film in Park City, Utah on Friday Jan. 25.
The choice to go "fruitarian" -- consuming only fruits, nuts and seeds and no animal products, vegetables or grains -- "can lead to some serious problems," Kutcher revealed. Indeed, as a result, Kutcher "ended up in the hospital two days before we started shooting the movie," he said.
"I was like doubled over in pain, and my pancreas levels were completely out of whack, which was completely terrifying, considering everything," said the That 70s Show alum. (Jobs died in October 2011 at age 56 of pancreatic cancer.)
The pain was worth it, Kutcher (a tech entrepreneur himself) insisted to Us Weekly at Friday's red carpet, which he attended without love Mila Kunis. Not that he isn't a little nervous about the reception to the film: "It's portraying a guy who just passed away that is really fresh in people's minds, that people are really passionate about, and care about, and have an opinion about -- that's really scary," he confessed. "Especially portraying a guy that I really admire ... it's terrifying, it's terrifying!"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite