At Cannes, Emma Watson revels in post-'Potter' freedom; stuns in maroon cocktail frock
- Photo: Lionel Hahn/StarTraks1 of 10
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet2 of 10
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA3 of 10
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 10
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: CPR/Premiere/Rocstar/Fame Flynet6 of 10
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA7 of 10
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/StarTraks8 of 10
- Photo: HRC/WENN9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- MTV's 'Awkward' Star Beau Mirchoff Joins NBC's Manson Series &amMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:14:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to Creat
CANNES, France (AP) -- Emma Watson is reveling in her post-"Harry Potter" freedom at the Cannes Film Festival.
The 23-year-old actress stars in Sofia Coppola's "The Bling Ring," which premiered Thursday at the French Riviera festival. Watson plays a celebrity-obsessed Los Angeles teenager who, with a group of friends, burgles Hollywood stars.
With a thick Valley girl accent, it's a character far from the wise-beyond-her-years Hermione of "Harry Potter."
At Cannes, Watson told reporters that while she remains proud of her work on the "Potter" films, they now feel long ago. She said she's now "re-enjoying" transforming into new roles. Making "The Bling Ring," she said, was much easier since she's used to reciting lines "people know by heart."
At a photo call to promote the film, Watson looked radiant in a maroon Christopher Kane cocktail dress with an embellished midriff.
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy & Single
Check out some of Jennifer Lopez's sexiest ensembles she's rocked recently.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite