At Cannes, Emma Watson revels in post-'Potter' freedom; stuns in maroon cocktail frock
- Photo: Lionel Hahn/StarTraks1 of 10
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet2 of 10
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA3 of 10
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 10
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: CPR/Premiere/Rocstar/Fame Flynet6 of 10
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA7 of 10
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/StarTraks8 of 10
- Photo: HRC/WENN9 of 10
More Celeb News
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:15:00 PM
- '90210' Alum AnnaLynne McCord Booked for CBS's 'Stalker&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:12:00 PM
- How Networks Are Moving On From 'Irrelevant' Overnight Ratings: The 7-Day SolutionMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:11:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:52 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:52:23 PM
- Joan Rivers Clinic 'Fixes Problems' Cited After the Comedienne's DeathMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:49:00 PM
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&apos
CANNES, France (AP) -- Emma Watson is reveling in her post-"Harry Potter" freedom at the Cannes Film Festival.
The 23-year-old actress stars in Sofia Coppola's "The Bling Ring," which premiered Thursday at the French Riviera festival. Watson plays a celebrity-obsessed Los Angeles teenager who, with a group of friends, burgles Hollywood stars.
With a thick Valley girl accent, it's a character far from the wise-beyond-her-years Hermione of "Harry Potter."
At Cannes, Watson told reporters that while she remains proud of her work on the "Potter" films, they now feel long ago. She said she's now "re-enjoying" transforming into new roles. Making "The Bling Ring," she said, was much easier since she's used to reciting lines "people know by heart."
At a photo call to promote the film, Watson looked radiant in a maroon Christopher Kane cocktail dress with an embellished midriff.
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGorgeous Gwen
From Crowd Ignite