At Cannes, Emma Watson revels in post-'Potter' freedom; stuns in maroon cocktail frock
- Photo: Lionel Hahn/StarTraks1 of 10
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet2 of 10
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA3 of 10
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 10
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: CPR/Premiere/Rocstar/Fame Flynet6 of 10
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA7 of 10
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/StarTraks8 of 10
- Photo: HRC/WENN9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
CANNES, France (AP) -- Emma Watson is reveling in her post-"Harry Potter" freedom at the Cannes Film Festival.
The 23-year-old actress stars in Sofia Coppola's "The Bling Ring," which premiered Thursday at the French Riviera festival. Watson plays a celebrity-obsessed Los Angeles teenager who, with a group of friends, burgles Hollywood stars.
With a thick Valley girl accent, it's a character far from the wise-beyond-her-years Hermione of "Harry Potter."
At Cannes, Watson told reporters that while she remains proud of her work on the "Potter" films, they now feel long ago. She said she's now "re-enjoying" transforming into new roles. Making "The Bling Ring," she said, was much easier since she's used to reciting lines "people know by heart."
At a photo call to promote the film, Watson looked radiant in a maroon Christopher Kane cocktail dress with an embellished midriff.
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite