At Cannes, Emma Watson revels in post-'Potter' freedom; stuns in maroon cocktail frock
- Photo: Lionel Hahn/StarTraks1 of 10
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet2 of 10
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA3 of 10
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 10
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: CPR/Premiere/Rocstar/Fame Flynet6 of 10
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA7 of 10
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/StarTraks8 of 10
- Photo: HRC/WENN9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York CityMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:07:00 AM
- Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Pedro Almodovar Condemn Israel for Gaza AttacksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:04:00 AM
- Ethan Hawke, Kevin Smith, Jean-Luc Godard Among New Crop of Directors Sending Films to TorontoMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:58:00 AM
- Die Hard Star James Shigeta Dies at 81MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:49:00 AM
- Earnings: New York Times Co. Profit Down 21% in Q2MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:43:00 AM
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York City
CANNES, France (AP) -- Emma Watson is reveling in her post-"Harry Potter" freedom at the Cannes Film Festival.
The 23-year-old actress stars in Sofia Coppola's "The Bling Ring," which premiered Thursday at the French Riviera festival. Watson plays a celebrity-obsessed Los Angeles teenager who, with a group of friends, burgles Hollywood stars.
With a thick Valley girl accent, it's a character far from the wise-beyond-her-years Hermione of "Harry Potter."
At Cannes, Watson told reporters that while she remains proud of her work on the "Potter" films, they now feel long ago. She said she's now "re-enjoying" transforming into new roles. Making "The Bling Ring," she said, was much easier since she's used to reciting lines "people know by heart."
At a photo call to promote the film, Watson looked radiant in a maroon Christopher Kane cocktail dress with an embellished midriff.
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite