Christian Bale delights cancer patient with personal call
- Photo: Jon Furniss/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Erik Pendzich/Rex USA2 of 9
- Photo: Ted S. Warren/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Charlene Barber/Facebook/.4 of 9
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: WENN6 of 9
- Photo: WENN7 of 9
- Photo: VPB/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Director Costa-Gavras: European Cinema Could Not Survive Without State Protection MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:39:13 PM
- HBO Passes on Darren Aronofsky Pilot 'Hobgoblin,' FX Eyes Project (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:34:40 PM
- Journalist Michael Hastings Dead at 33MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:21:05 PM
- Paul Feig Developing Female James Bond Comedy 'Susan Cooper'MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:06:06 PM
- Reed Elsevier Sues Jay Penske's Variety, Claims $1.3 Million OwedMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 3:18:15 PM
- Director Costa-Gavras: European Cinema Could Not Survive Without State Protection
By Entertainment Tonight
Christian Bale received his share of negative publicity after audio surfaced of him ranting on the set of the 2009 action movie "Terminator Salvation." But the "Dark Knight" actor has done a lot to change that image since, including his recent gesture to an 8-year-old Batman fan suffering from cancer.
As we can see in this video posted on YouTube by the parents of leukemia sufferer Zach Guillot, Bale clearly gives the boy a thrill by calling him in his hospital room and chatting with him about his role in the Batman franchise.
"The thing that's great about Batman, and the whole point of the movie, is that anybody can be Batman," Bale can be heard telling Zach. "You know, anyone can be as strong as that, and help people, and do good in the world."
Watch the video to see more of this uplifting phone conversation between the star and his young lifelong fan.
You can read more about Zach's battle with leukemia at his personal Facebook page.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
- Michelle Williams and Jason Segel are moving on!
- Wedding bells and baby rattles for Jennifer Love H
- Gisele Bundchen's bikini bod after baby
- Kim Kardashian's Last Trip to Paris Before Baby
- Prince Harry's scandal-free trip to the US
- Miley and Liam: Engagement Intervention?
- The Kardashians Luxurious Greek Getaway
- Will Sharon and Ozzy’s marriage survive his addiction issues?
- Why does Bradley Cooper live with his mom?
- Jessica Alba and Nicole Richie's Hot Caribbean Vacation
- Heidi Klum's Dramatic Beach Rescue
- Is Hayden Panettiere Secretly Engaged?
- Is Lindsay Lohan Ready to Clean Up Her Life?
- Are Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Over?
- Is Duchess Kate Expecting a Daughter?
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite