Christian Bale delights cancer patient with personal call
- Photo: Jon Furniss/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Erik Pendzich/Rex USA2 of 9
- Photo: Ted S. Warren/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Charlene Barber/Facebook/.4 of 9
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: WENN6 of 9
- Photo: WENN7 of 9
- Photo: VPB/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Lucy' Review: Scarlett Johansson Grows Smarter As the Movie Gets DumberMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 9:00:00 AM
- 'And So It Goes' Review: Michael Douglas and Diane Keaton Shine as Rob Reiner ChanMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 8:41:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Food Fighters' Has Mediocre Start, But NBC Still Tops Tuesday With &MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 8:36:00 AM
- 'Pirates of the Carribean 5' Gets 2017 Release DateMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 8:34:00 AM
- Greta Van Susteren Answers 'Snooty' Column About Jill Abramson InterviewMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 6:55:00 AM
- 'Lucy' Review: Scarlett Johansson Grows Smarter As the Movie Gets Dumber
By Entertainment Tonight
Christian Bale received his share of negative publicity after audio surfaced of him ranting on the set of the 2009 action movie "Terminator Salvation." But the "Dark Knight" actor has done a lot to change that image since, including his recent gesture to an 8-year-old Batman fan suffering from cancer.
As we can see in this video posted on YouTube by the parents of leukemia sufferer Zach Guillot, Bale clearly gives the boy a thrill by calling him in his hospital room and chatting with him about his role in the Batman franchise.
"The thing that's great about Batman, and the whole point of the movie, is that anybody can be Batman," Bale can be heard telling Zach. "You know, anyone can be as strong as that, and help people, and do good in the world."
Watch the video to see more of this uplifting phone conversation between the star and his young lifelong fan.
You can read more about Zach's battle with leukemia at his personal Facebook page.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite