Ballet Baby: Natalie Portman Is Engaged and Pregnant!
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News1 of 7
- Photo: Johnstone/Whittle/Splash News2 of 7
- Photo: Johnstone/Whittle/Splash News3 of 7
- Photo: Johnstone/Whittle/Splash News4 of 7
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 7
- Photo: Theodore Wood / Camera Press/Retna Digital6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Channing Tatum Saves Mila Kunis in 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer From 'MatrMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:40:28 PM
- Eleanor Parker, 'Sound of Music' Actress, Dead at 91MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:30:05 PM
- Jake Gyllenhaal on 'Prisoners' and Why Good Cops Have Criminal MindsMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:20:41 PM
- Bette Midler Set to Star, Executive Produce HBO's Mae West BiopicMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:11:28 PM
- 'Murphy Brown' Cast to Reunite on 'Katie'MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 3:59:28 PM
- Channing Tatum Saves Mila Kunis in 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer From 'Matr
By Kat Giantis
Ballet has turned out to be very, very good for Natalie Portman. On the heels (and toes) of her critically acclaimed performance in "Black Swan," the actress, 29, has confirmed to People mag that she's not only engaged to ballet dancer-choreographer Benjamin Millepied, but that they're also expecting the pitter-patter of sure-to-be graceful feet.
Yes, we're happily surprised by the double news, too. So far, no word on when Natalie is due.
Portman met Millepied, a principal dancer with the New York City Ballet, on the set of "Black Swan."
The hoofer, who was recently dubbed "the new Nureyev" by BlackBook magazine, choreographed her dance scenes and had a small role in the hit Darren Aronofsky-directed thriller.
RELATED: The hottest girl-on-girl kisses
"We were quite a team," he gushed of the intense training Natalie endured for the ballerina role. "She was nothing short of extraordinary."
The couple reportedly began dating in the fall of 2009, and they have worked hard to keep the relationship out of the spotlight. Still, that hasn't stopped Natalie from gushing just a little.
"I have always kept my private life private," she tells Entertainment Weekly, "but I will say that I am indescribably happy and feel very grateful to have this experience."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT2013 Weddings
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite