Banderas arrested as a mime
- Photo: Richard Drew/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Phil Loftus/Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.2 of 16
- Photo: WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: WUF/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: Promotional6 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com7 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 16
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Target/Fame Pictures10 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Jennifer Mitchell/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: Manuel Salazar/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- CBS Bumps Halle Berry's 'Extant' to 10 P.M. After Ratings SlipMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 11:52:00 AM
- Eva Green in Talks to Star in Tim Burton's 'Miss Peregrine's Home for PecMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 11:42:00 AM
- Christopher Walken, Giancarlo Esposito Join Jon Favreau's 'Jungle Book'MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:58:00 AM
- 'Glee' Star Lea Michele to Guest on 'Sons of Anarchy'MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:30:00 AM
- Sarah Palin Channel Mocked on Twitter With Terrible Ideas for TV ShowsMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:19:00 AM
- CBS Bumps Halle Berry's 'Extant' to 10 P.M. After Ratings Slip
By firstname.lastname@example.org (WENN Newsdesk)
"Zorro" star Antonio Banderas was once arrested while dressed as a mime for a protest play in Spain.
The Spanish actor was part of the counterculture movement dubbed Modiva following the death of dictator Francisco Franco in 1975.
However, there was still confusion and unrest in Spain, particularly among authorities who were used to following Franco's hardline approach - and Banderas felt the full force of the law during a protest play.
He explains to Empire magazine, "I remember doing one of those sketches and seeing the helmet of cops. 'Oh, s**t'. When the curtains come down, they were on stage: 'You have to come with us.' We were all painted, you know? In white, with tears and stuff - like a mime.' So they handcuffed us and put us in a car and took our prints and pictures.
"It was still the government of the conservative people trying to scare people who may be threatening for them at the time. But it was very clear that there was no way back - and it was just a matter of time. And they even knew it."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite