Antonio Banderas fears for human race
- Photo: Can Nguyen/Capital Pictures/Retna Digital1 of 16
- Photo: Daniel Ochoa de Olza/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Cesar Cebolla/ALFAQUI/Camera Press/Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: JMAB/VMAB/http://www.wenn.com/4 of 16
- Photo: Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: Paramount Pictures6 of 16
- Photo: WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Daniel Tanner/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Daniel Tanner/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Thomas Janssen/Pacific Coast News10 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: JLC/ZOJ/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
Antonio Banderas is convinced the human race is living on borrowed time and he's branded the 9/11 atrocity "the end of civilization as we knew it."
The Spanish actor has been struck by the "pain" of the Occupy Wall Street protesters, who were so angry about the practices of global bankers they resorted to drastic sit-ins in cities across the globe.
He's adamant the advent of the Internet could spell the end of the world - and he believes humanity was fundamentally changed forever when terrorists slaughtered nearly 3,000 people in the U.S. on September 11, 2001.
Banderas tells Britain's Seven magazine, "What is happening with all this pain now? There are people in the streets who are angry. Something has to happen. I think we are realizing that governments can't govern us any more.
"I think it all started happening with the end of the (Twin) Towers. With the fall of those towers, we were witnessing the end of civilization as we knew it. The ways in which we communicate have changed. It's almost spiritual. The web, the Internet.
"There's something happening in the world that didn't happen before. We are acting like one big brain. The problem is that if we get in a suicidal mood the end may happen. If we get in a positive mood it will not."
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite