Bar Says Employee Won't Pursue Gooding Jr. Charges
- Photo: LTA/WENN1 of 7
- Photo: CS5/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage3 of 7
- Photo: BT1/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: Hahn/Marechal/Nebinger/StarTraks5 of 7
- Photo: Spencer Weiner/JTA for Sawfoto.com/.6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Chris Pratt Follows Through on Promise to Surprise Sick Kids in HospitalsMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 8:34:00 AM
- Harrison Ford Takes His Bad Leg Out for a SlideMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 8:33:00 AM
- ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Raises $10.3 Million in Just 24 HoursMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 8:15:00 AM
- Emmys 2014 Behind the Scenes: The Stylemaker Behind Emmys' Golden BoysMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 8:03:00 AM
- Conde Nast Media Group Names Vanity Fair Publisher Edward Menicheschi CMO and PresidentMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 7:09:00 AM
- Chris Pratt Follows Through on Promise to Surprise Sick Kids in Hospitals
NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- Managers at a New Orleans restaurant say their bartender who claimed actor Cuba Gooding Jr. pushed her doesn't plan to pursue criminal charges against him.
RELATED: Russell Brand gets community service
A statement Wednesday to The Associated Press from the Old Absinthe House says the restaurant will continue to investigate.
On Tuesday, police issued an arrest warrant on a misdemeanor charge of municipal battery for Gooding. Police say the bartender told them that Gooding became upset after patrons asked him to pose for photos with them at about 3 a.m.
The bartender told investigators that Gooding pushed her after she asked him to calm down.
Gooding left before police arrived to the century-old French Quarter bar.
RELATED: Nicolas Cage arrested
"Mr. Gooding, his representative and the New Orleans authorities met this morning (Wednesday) and are moving swiftly to resolve this misunderstanding," Nancy Kane, Gooding's publicist, told The Associated Press.
Calls to Gooding's attorney were not immediately returned.
New Orleans police spokeswoman Remi Braden said the arrest warrant was lifted after the summons was issued. The date for Gooding's next court appearance was not immediately available.
The actor is in New Orleans filming "The Butler," a movie about a White House butler who serves eight American presidents. The film has a star-studded cast that includes Nicole Kidman, Liam Neeson, John Cusack, Jane Fonda, Robin Williams, Alex Pettyfer and Minka Kelly.
"The Butler" director is Lee Daniels ("Precious" and "Monster's Ball).
RELATED: Fred Willard tweets about arrest
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott put their cheating scandal behind them and vacation as a family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Carmen Electra, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite