Actress Ellen Barkin Upset with NYC Police on NYE
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin2 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Paul Smith/Featureflash/Retna Digital5 of 8
- Photo: STUART RAMSON/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
Ellen Barkin has taken aim at New York's cops after witnessing their heavy-handed attempts to thwart Occupy Wall Street protests on New Year's Eve.
RELATED: Stars Ring in 2012!
The actress was on her way home from a night out at Joe's Pub with rumored boyfriend, Sam Levinson, when the couple was reportedly accosted by police.
She took to Twitter on Sunday to tell followers and fans about her ruined New Year’s Eve, writing, "Walking home ...13th & 6th, police making random arrests of non protesters. Young girl in police van screaming, 'I'm just trying 2 get home' ... People being thrown in police vans, arrested for 'jaywalking'. What happened to the NYPD of my youth? Who are u all? Shame shame on u all."
She added, "Just threatened on my street by NYPD, cop shoved me, both hands, onto sidewalk ... Is it a crime 2 stand in the street in NY? WTF (what the f---) is going on here?... NOT MY CITY! NYPD violent attacks & arrests of any1 they can get their hands on. Very few actual protesters, just random people in the streets ... I cannot believe what I am seeing. U protect nothing. U ARE the violence in my city.
"I am home & safe but not everyone is. What I saw the NYPD doing to innocent people just walking home on NYE was chilling. Where r we headed? ... I am not an alarmist or exaggerator ... this really shocked me. Had no idea where I was, or what was happening."
Levinson subsequently posted a video to his Twitter page that appears to show the actress arguing with cops.
Barkin has since refuted a news story suggesting she was pushed to the ground by police, adding, "I was walking home. I saw it. It was upsetting, and looked unnecessarily aggressive & random. I tweeted about it, as is my right. That’s all."
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAlmost Naked
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite