Actress Ellen Barkin Upset with NYC Police on NYE
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin2 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Paul Smith/Featureflash/Retna Digital5 of 8
- Photo: STUART RAMSON/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Jim Gaffigan's CBS Pilot Gets Series Order From TV LandMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:51:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: A Once Connection, Sons' Final Ride, and a Big Grey's DecisionMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:42:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire Holt
Ellen Barkin has taken aim at New York's cops after witnessing their heavy-handed attempts to thwart Occupy Wall Street protests on New Year's Eve.
RELATED: Stars Ring in 2012!
The actress was on her way home from a night out at Joe's Pub with rumored boyfriend, Sam Levinson, when the couple was reportedly accosted by police.
She took to Twitter on Sunday to tell followers and fans about her ruined New Year’s Eve, writing, "Walking home ...13th & 6th, police making random arrests of non protesters. Young girl in police van screaming, 'I'm just trying 2 get home' ... People being thrown in police vans, arrested for 'jaywalking'. What happened to the NYPD of my youth? Who are u all? Shame shame on u all."
She added, "Just threatened on my street by NYPD, cop shoved me, both hands, onto sidewalk ... Is it a crime 2 stand in the street in NY? WTF (what the f---) is going on here?... NOT MY CITY! NYPD violent attacks & arrests of any1 they can get their hands on. Very few actual protesters, just random people in the streets ... I cannot believe what I am seeing. U protect nothing. U ARE the violence in my city.
"I am home & safe but not everyone is. What I saw the NYPD doing to innocent people just walking home on NYE was chilling. Where r we headed? ... I am not an alarmist or exaggerator ... this really shocked me. Had no idea where I was, or what was happening."
Levinson subsequently posted a video to his Twitter page that appears to show the actress arguing with cops.
Barkin has since refuted a news story suggesting she was pushed to the ground by police, adding, "I was walking home. I saw it. It was upsetting, and looked unnecessarily aggressive & random. I tweeted about it, as is my right. That’s all."
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVegas Turn Up
From Crowd Ignite