Actress Ellen Barkin Upset with NYC Police on NYE
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin2 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Paul Smith/Featureflash/Retna Digital5 of 8
- Photo: STUART RAMSON/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
Ellen Barkin has taken aim at New York's cops after witnessing their heavy-handed attempts to thwart Occupy Wall Street protests on New Year's Eve.
RELATED: Stars Ring in 2012!
The actress was on her way home from a night out at Joe's Pub with rumored boyfriend, Sam Levinson, when the couple was reportedly accosted by police.
She took to Twitter on Sunday to tell followers and fans about her ruined New Year’s Eve, writing, "Walking home ...13th & 6th, police making random arrests of non protesters. Young girl in police van screaming, 'I'm just trying 2 get home' ... People being thrown in police vans, arrested for 'jaywalking'. What happened to the NYPD of my youth? Who are u all? Shame shame on u all."
She added, "Just threatened on my street by NYPD, cop shoved me, both hands, onto sidewalk ... Is it a crime 2 stand in the street in NY? WTF (what the f---) is going on here?... NOT MY CITY! NYPD violent attacks & arrests of any1 they can get their hands on. Very few actual protesters, just random people in the streets ... I cannot believe what I am seeing. U protect nothing. U ARE the violence in my city.
"I am home & safe but not everyone is. What I saw the NYPD doing to innocent people just walking home on NYE was chilling. Where r we headed? ... I am not an alarmist or exaggerator ... this really shocked me. Had no idea where I was, or what was happening."
Levinson subsequently posted a video to his Twitter page that appears to show the actress arguing with cops.
Barkin has since refuted a news story suggesting she was pushed to the ground by police, adding, "I was walking home. I saw it. It was upsetting, and looked unnecessarily aggressive & random. I tweeted about it, as is my right. That’s all."
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See which celebs had the best and worst beach bodies of 2012.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTYear in Romance
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite