Actress Ellen Barkin Upset with NYC Police on NYE
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin2 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Paul Smith/Featureflash/Retna Digital5 of 8
- Photo: STUART RAMSON/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Mega Buzz: 24's Reunion, a S.H.I.E.L.D. Return and a New Bones RomanceMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:49:00 PM
- Tumblr Tops Twitter's Social TV Activity, Says New StudyMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Comedy Group Dr. God Sets Up AXS TV Show, Wraps First Feature (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: 5 TakeawaysMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 3:13:00 PM
- Mean Girls Star Daniel Franzese Comes OutMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 3:03:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: 24's Reunion, a S.H.I.E.L.D. Return and a New Bones Romance
Ellen Barkin has taken aim at New York's cops after witnessing their heavy-handed attempts to thwart Occupy Wall Street protests on New Year's Eve.
RELATED: Stars Ring in 2012!
The actress was on her way home from a night out at Joe's Pub with rumored boyfriend, Sam Levinson, when the couple was reportedly accosted by police.
She took to Twitter on Sunday to tell followers and fans about her ruined New Year’s Eve, writing, "Walking home ...13th & 6th, police making random arrests of non protesters. Young girl in police van screaming, 'I'm just trying 2 get home' ... People being thrown in police vans, arrested for 'jaywalking'. What happened to the NYPD of my youth? Who are u all? Shame shame on u all."
She added, "Just threatened on my street by NYPD, cop shoved me, both hands, onto sidewalk ... Is it a crime 2 stand in the street in NY? WTF (what the f---) is going on here?... NOT MY CITY! NYPD violent attacks & arrests of any1 they can get their hands on. Very few actual protesters, just random people in the streets ... I cannot believe what I am seeing. U protect nothing. U ARE the violence in my city.
"I am home & safe but not everyone is. What I saw the NYPD doing to innocent people just walking home on NYE was chilling. Where r we headed? ... I am not an alarmist or exaggerator ... this really shocked me. Had no idea where I was, or what was happening."
Levinson subsequently posted a video to his Twitter page that appears to show the actress arguing with cops.
Barkin has since refuted a news story suggesting she was pushed to the ground by police, adding, "I was walking home. I saw it. It was upsetting, and looked unnecessarily aggressive & random. I tweeted about it, as is my right. That’s all."
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Girl!
From Crowd Ignite