Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez Still 'Touch Base'
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 15
- Photo: Matt Baron/Rex USA2 of 15
- Photo: KIM D JOHNSON/Invision/AP3 of 15
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA4 of 15
- Photo: Survivor/Pacific Coast News5 of 15
- Photo: BDA/ZOJ/WENN6 of 15
- Photo: Kim D. Johnson/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: STEFANO MICOZZI/Insidefo/StarTraks8 of 15
- Photo: Brent Perniac/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.9 of 15
- Photo: IPA PRESS/Bauer-Griffin10 of 15
- Photo: APL/WENN11 of 15
- Photo: VISP/GSI12 of 15
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage13 of 15
- Photo: JD3/WENN14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Vin Diesel Shares His Emotional Moment With Paul Walker's FamilyMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 3:18:16 PM
- Bob Dylan's Infamous Electric Guitar Fetches Nearly $1 Million at AuctionMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:57:27 PM
- La Scala's 'La Traviata' opener gets mixed reviewsMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:13:57 PM
- European Film Awards: 'The Great Beauty' Wins European Film 2013MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 1:38:57 PM
- Kirstie Alley Blasts Leah Remini Over Scientology Criticism: She's a 'Bigot&apMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 12:00:42 PM
- Vin Diesel Shares His Emotional Moment With Paul Walker's Family
Before there was Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner, there was another Bennifer: Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez. In what could be called the "breakup heard round the world," the engaged couple called it quits in January 2004, just days before they were to be married. Eight years later, the "Argo" star tells The Hollywood Reporter that he's still in touch with Lopez.
"We don't have the kind of relationship where she relies on me for advice, but we do have the kind of relationship where there'll be an e-mail saying, 'Oh, your movie looks great,'" Affleck, 40, admits.
"I remember when she got 'American Idol.' I said, 'This was really smart. Good luck.' I touch base. I respect her. I like her. She's put up with some stuff that was unfair in her life, and I'm really pleased to see her successful."
A lot has happened since Affleck and J.Lo were an item. Lopez, 43, has twins with her ex-husband, Marc Anthony, and is currently dating 25-year-old backup dancer Casper Smart, while Affleck has since married Garner, 40, who is the mother of his three children.
"She truly is kind. She means no one any harm," the actor says of his wife. "She doesn't have ill will for any person. She's not competitive with other people. She's not spiteful. It's one of those things where it becomes almost aggravating at times. Every time I go, f--- him!' I see in her face that she just thinks that's petty and small."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Nominees
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite