Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez Still 'Touch Base'
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 15
- Photo: Matt Baron/Rex USA2 of 15
- Photo: KIM D JOHNSON/Invision/AP3 of 15
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA4 of 15
- Photo: Survivor/Pacific Coast News5 of 15
- Photo: BDA/ZOJ/WENN6 of 15
- Photo: Kim D. Johnson/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: STEFANO MICOZZI/Insidefo/StarTraks8 of 15
- Photo: Brent Perniac/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.9 of 15
- Photo: IPA PRESS/Bauer-Griffin10 of 15
- Photo: APL/WENN11 of 15
- Photo: VISP/GSI12 of 15
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage13 of 15
- Photo: JD3/WENN14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Sam Raimi Writing 'Evil Dead' TV Series That Will Include Bruce CampbellMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:36:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Fires Writer Over Multiple Instances of PlagiarismMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 9:31:00 PM
- Fox at Comic-Con: James Bond Is Whack, We're Making Movies With Balls (and Jokes)MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:26:00 PM
- Sleepy Hollow Season 2: Is Ichabod a Gleek? MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:21:00 PM
- Jenny McCarthy Pens Op-Ed, Regrets Hillary Clinton Lesbian CommentMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 6:55:00 PM
- Sam Raimi Writing 'Evil Dead' TV Series That Will Include Bruce Campbell
Before there was Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner, there was another Bennifer: Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez. In what could be called the "breakup heard round the world," the engaged couple called it quits in January 2004, just days before they were to be married. Eight years later, the "Argo" star tells The Hollywood Reporter that he's still in touch with Lopez.
"We don't have the kind of relationship where she relies on me for advice, but we do have the kind of relationship where there'll be an e-mail saying, 'Oh, your movie looks great,'" Affleck, 40, admits.
"I remember when she got 'American Idol.' I said, 'This was really smart. Good luck.' I touch base. I respect her. I like her. She's put up with some stuff that was unfair in her life, and I'm really pleased to see her successful."
A lot has happened since Affleck and J.Lo were an item. Lopez, 43, has twins with her ex-husband, Marc Anthony, and is currently dating 25-year-old backup dancer Casper Smart, while Affleck has since married Garner, 40, who is the mother of his three children.
"She truly is kind. She means no one any harm," the actor says of his wife. "She doesn't have ill will for any person. She's not competitive with other people. She's not spiteful. It's one of those things where it becomes almost aggravating at times. Every time I go, f--- him!' I see in her face that she just thinks that's petty and small."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite