Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez Still 'Touch Base'
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 15
- Photo: Matt Baron/Rex USA2 of 15
- Photo: KIM D JOHNSON/Invision/AP3 of 15
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA4 of 15
- Photo: Survivor/Pacific Coast News5 of 15
- Photo: BDA/ZOJ/WENN6 of 15
- Photo: Kim D. Johnson/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: STEFANO MICOZZI/Insidefo/StarTraks8 of 15
- Photo: Brent Perniac/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.9 of 15
- Photo: IPA PRESS/Bauer-Griffin10 of 15
- Photo: APL/WENN11 of 15
- Photo: VISP/GSI12 of 15
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage13 of 15
- Photo: JD3/WENN14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Mega Buzz: The Grey's Finale, a Mentalist Proposal, and a Castle Time WarpMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:35:00 PM
- Cinedigm Acquires Frank P. DeLarzelere III Documentary 'Biker Fox'MSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:11:00 PM
- Artie Lange Hospitalized for Diabetic ShockMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:09:00 PM
- CNN's Sanjay Gupta on Deadly Ebola Outbreak in Africa; Whether It Could Spread to U.S.MSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Transcendence' Director Wally Pfiester on 'Frustrating' TechnolMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 3:51:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: The Grey's Finale, a Mentalist Proposal, and a Castle Time Warp
Before there was Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner, there was another Bennifer: Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez. In what could be called the "breakup heard round the world," the engaged couple called it quits in January 2004, just days before they were to be married. Eight years later, the "Argo" star tells The Hollywood Reporter that he's still in touch with Lopez.
"We don't have the kind of relationship where she relies on me for advice, but we do have the kind of relationship where there'll be an e-mail saying, 'Oh, your movie looks great,'" Affleck, 40, admits.
"I remember when she got 'American Idol.' I said, 'This was really smart. Good luck.' I touch base. I respect her. I like her. She's put up with some stuff that was unfair in her life, and I'm really pleased to see her successful."
A lot has happened since Affleck and J.Lo were an item. Lopez, 43, has twins with her ex-husband, Marc Anthony, and is currently dating 25-year-old backup dancer Casper Smart, while Affleck has since married Garner, 40, who is the mother of his three children.
"She truly is kind. She means no one any harm," the actor says of his wife. "She doesn't have ill will for any person. She's not competitive with other people. She's not spiteful. It's one of those things where it becomes almost aggravating at times. Every time I go, f--- him!' I see in her face that she just thinks that's petty and small."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
MTV Red Carpet
Get a front-row seat to the 2014 MTV Movie Awards with Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon debuts his latest hairstyle -- a skunk-colored ‘do -- on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite