Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez Still 'Touch Base'
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 15
- Photo: Matt Baron/Rex USA2 of 15
- Photo: KIM D JOHNSON/Invision/AP3 of 15
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA4 of 15
- Photo: Survivor/Pacific Coast News5 of 15
- Photo: BDA/ZOJ/WENN6 of 15
- Photo: Kim D. Johnson/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: STEFANO MICOZZI/Insidefo/StarTraks8 of 15
- Photo: Brent Perniac/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.9 of 15
- Photo: IPA PRESS/Bauer-Griffin10 of 15
- Photo: APL/WENN11 of 15
- Photo: VISP/GSI12 of 15
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage13 of 15
- Photo: JD3/WENN14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UKMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:34:00 PM
- Fox Reorganizes Development and Programming DepartmentsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Dan Harmon and Mitch Hurwitz Are Working on a Super-Secret ProjectMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Sean Combs Bids Reported $200 Million for Fuse TV NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:12:00 PM
- Psych's James Roday to Star in CBS Relationship Comedy PilotMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:07:00 PM
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UK
Before there was Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner, there was another Bennifer: Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez. In what could be called the "breakup heard round the world," the engaged couple called it quits in January 2004, just days before they were to be married. Eight years later, the "Argo" star tells The Hollywood Reporter that he's still in touch with Lopez.
"We don't have the kind of relationship where she relies on me for advice, but we do have the kind of relationship where there'll be an e-mail saying, 'Oh, your movie looks great,'" Affleck, 40, admits.
"I remember when she got 'American Idol.' I said, 'This was really smart. Good luck.' I touch base. I respect her. I like her. She's put up with some stuff that was unfair in her life, and I'm really pleased to see her successful."
A lot has happened since Affleck and J.Lo were an item. Lopez, 43, has twins with her ex-husband, Marc Anthony, and is currently dating 25-year-old backup dancer Casper Smart, while Affleck has since married Garner, 40, who is the mother of his three children.
"She truly is kind. She means no one any harm," the actor says of his wife. "She doesn't have ill will for any person. She's not competitive with other people. She's not spiteful. It's one of those things where it becomes almost aggravating at times. Every time I go, f--- him!' I see in her face that she just thinks that's petty and small."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Oscar nominee Lupita Nyong’o shares her awards season journey (and meetings with Oprah, Sidney Poitier and the Dalai Lama!) on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Drunk In Love
Jessica Simpon, Gisele Bundchen and more celebs share intimate pics of their partners on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite