Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez Still 'Touch Base'
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 15
- Photo: Matt Baron/Rex USA2 of 15
- Photo: KIM D JOHNSON/Invision/AP3 of 15
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA4 of 15
- Photo: Survivor/Pacific Coast News5 of 15
- Photo: BDA/ZOJ/WENN6 of 15
- Photo: Kim D. Johnson/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: STEFANO MICOZZI/Insidefo/StarTraks8 of 15
- Photo: Brent Perniac/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.9 of 15
- Photo: IPA PRESS/Bauer-Griffin10 of 15
- Photo: APL/WENN11 of 15
- Photo: VISP/GSI12 of 15
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage13 of 15
- Photo: JD3/WENN14 of 15
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
Before there was Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner, there was another Bennifer: Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez. In what could be called the "breakup heard round the world," the engaged couple called it quits in January 2004, just days before they were to be married. Eight years later, the "Argo" star tells The Hollywood Reporter that he's still in touch with Lopez.
"We don't have the kind of relationship where she relies on me for advice, but we do have the kind of relationship where there'll be an e-mail saying, 'Oh, your movie looks great,'" Affleck, 40, admits.
"I remember when she got 'American Idol.' I said, 'This was really smart. Good luck.' I touch base. I respect her. I like her. She's put up with some stuff that was unfair in her life, and I'm really pleased to see her successful."
A lot has happened since Affleck and J.Lo were an item. Lopez, 43, has twins with her ex-husband, Marc Anthony, and is currently dating 25-year-old backup dancer Casper Smart, while Affleck has since married Garner, 40, who is the mother of his three children.
"She truly is kind. She means no one any harm," the actor says of his wife. "She doesn't have ill will for any person. She's not competitive with other people. She's not spiteful. It's one of those things where it becomes almost aggravating at times. Every time I go, f--- him!' I see in her face that she just thinks that's petty and small."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite