Ben Affleck celebrates Mother's Day with special video tribute
- Photo: SAE/ZOJ/WENN1 of 8
- Photo: Headlinephoto/Splash News2 of 8
- Photo: Splash News3 of 8
- Photo: Brabus/Pacific Coast News4 of 8
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: Fame Pictures6 of 8
- Photo: Splash News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon BernthalMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Nicole Holofcener to Write, Direct 'Land of Steady Habits' for Fox SearchlightMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:29:00 PM
- James Foley Death: Pentagon Reveals Mission to Rescue US Hostages in Syria FailedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: Eva Green Steals This Juvenile Film NoirMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Legendary Digital's Zombie Movie 'Dead Rising' Lures 'LeprechaunMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 3:49:00 PM
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon Bernthal
By email@example.com (WENN Newsdesk)
Ben Affleck celebrated Mother's Day by releasing a touching video tribute to all the "amazing moms" in his life.
The actor his actress wife Jennifer Garner, with whom he shares three children, his mom, Chris, and all the mothers across the globe with a Facebook.com video message, which he filmed during a recent trip to the war-torn Democratic Republic of Congo.
In the clip, he says, "I want to say Happy Mother's Day to all the moms in my life -- my mom, Chris, and my amazing wife, Jennifer, who is an incredible, spectacular, world-class mum. Please share this video for the mothers and grandmothers in your lives in honor of their sacrifices, selflessness and courage."
The emotional tribute, which also features images of moms and their children in the poverty-stricken African country, also urges fans to not just remember their own mothers on Mother's Day, but also those in other parts of the world.
He continues, "I want to say Happy Mother's Day to all the moms I've met in the Democratic Republic of Congo who are on this video that I hope you watch. I urge you to share it, to post it to Facebook, to celebrate all the moms in the world, including the ones in your life, as well as those out there in the world working at the very hardest job there is every single day."
Affleck and Garner are parents to Violet, six, Serafina, three, and baby Samuel, who was born in February.
The 39 year-old has been very active in the DRC. He founded the humanitarian organization Eastern Congo Initiative in 2009, and he's currently making a film about the plight of the nation's people.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott put their cheating scandal behind them and vacation as a family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite