Ben Affleck glad to be family man, not tab target
- Photo: SAE/ZOJ/WENN1 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet3 of 13
- Photo: Carrie Devorah / WENN/WENN4 of 13
- Photo: HVC/ZOJ/WENN5 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet6 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 13
- Photo: Steve Matthews/NPG8 of 13
- Photo: LOMELI/Bauer-Griffin9 of 13
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN10 of 13
- Photo: Toby Canham/Splash News11 of 13
- Photo: MARK J. TERRILL/Invision/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Exclusive: Showtime to Launch Ray Donovan WebisodesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:00:00 AM
- The Following's Warren Kole Joins StalkerMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 6:58:00 AM
- Earnings: Discovery Beats Q2 EstimatesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 6:55:00 AM
- Iggy Azalea Has a Cameo in Fast & Furious 7MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 6:39:00 AM
- Time Warner Cable Q2 Earnings Rise, But Miss EstimatesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 6:33:00 AM
- Exclusive: Showtime to Launch Ray Donovan Webisodes
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Ben Affleck is managing to live a relatively private life in a Hollywood fishbowl.
He's no longer tailed daily by the paparazzi, as he was when he dated Jennifer Lopez from 2002 to 2004. It was a time when entertainment coverage was starting to explode and the couple was on the cover of every magazine and tabloid, and the top story on TV entertainment shows.
RELATED: Celebritweets: Celebritots Edition
"I definitely was in a tabloid crosshair," he said in a recent interview with The Associated Press. "It mucks up your life."
He described the constant attention as "sort of snarky and venal and kind of overwhelming."
The paparazzi weren't going to change their ways, so Affleck changed his life. He married Jennifer Garner, had three kids, and cut down his "compulsive" work schedule.
But not entirely: Affleck was in Washington D.C., this week to raise awareness for something else he holds dear — his Eastern Congo Initiative to reduce the child mortality rate in the region.
Now, the paparazzi only occasionally take photos of Affleck and Garner when they're out with Violet, 6, Seraphina, 3, and Sam, 4 months.
"I feel like I have a chance to do the most exciting stuff that I've done in my career," he said. "I'm the luckiest guy in the world."
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite