Ben Affleck Protects Daughter Seraphina, 4, From 'Menacing' Paparazzi
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet1 of 9
- Photo: Clint Brewer/Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: Stewart Cook/Rex USA3 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Instagram/@benaffleck/.5 of 9
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA7 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
As one of the biggest movie stars in Hollywood, not to mention an Academy Award-winning director, Ben Affleck knows the price of fame. And he's usually happy to pay it -- except when it puts his kids in danger. On Friday, things got a little too close for comfort when he and his 4-year-old daughter, Seraphina, were swarmed by some particularly aggressive paparazzi outside her school.
A source close to the "Argo" star tells Us Weekly that photographers were "all over" the actor and his little girl -- to the point that it was actually scaring Seraphina. "She was asking for them to stop," the insider says, noting that Affleck asked them repeatedly to back off. "The paps said they needed to be 'that close.'"
"They were really swarming his daughter and yelling at her -- yelling at a 4-year-old," the source adds. Affleck, for his part, tried to protect Seraphina by picking her up and then using his leg to illustrate how much space he needed, but the "menacing" paps continued to close in.
The director and his wife, Jennifer Garner, are generally pretty accommodating when it comes to being photographed, even with their kids. (Seraphina is the middle child, between 7-year-old Violet and 12-month-old Samuel.) But this particular incident crossed a line, the Affleck source says.
"It's terrible ... This is a 4-year-old we're talking about," the insider tells Us. "This is a preschooler on her way to school, not a star outside a nightclub."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBikini Babe
From Crowd Ignite