Ben Affleck Protects Daughter Seraphina, 4, From 'Menacing' Paparazzi
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet1 of 9
- Photo: Clint Brewer/Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: Stewart Cook/Rex USA3 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Instagram/@benaffleck/.5 of 9
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA7 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Friday Night Lights' Zach Gilford, 'Desperate Housewives' JonatMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 4:12:00 PM
- Iggy Azalea Sues Her Ex-Boyfriend for Alleged Song Theft, ForgeryMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 3:59:00 PM
- Halle Berry, Kate Beckinsale Lead Relativity's Fall 2015 Release SlateMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 3:24:00 PM
- Another Comic Book Show? Fox Orders Pilot for DC Comics' LuciferMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 3:23:00 PM
- Marvel Characters' Superpowers Are Perfect for Gaming, Says Disney Infinity 2.0 ExecMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 3:11:00 PM
- 'Friday Night Lights' Zach Gilford, 'Desperate Housewives' Jonat
As one of the biggest movie stars in Hollywood, not to mention an Academy Award-winning director, Ben Affleck knows the price of fame. And he's usually happy to pay it -- except when it puts his kids in danger. On Friday, things got a little too close for comfort when he and his 4-year-old daughter, Seraphina, were swarmed by some particularly aggressive paparazzi outside her school.
A source close to the "Argo" star tells Us Weekly that photographers were "all over" the actor and his little girl -- to the point that it was actually scaring Seraphina. "She was asking for them to stop," the insider says, noting that Affleck asked them repeatedly to back off. "The paps said they needed to be 'that close.'"
"They were really swarming his daughter and yelling at her -- yelling at a 4-year-old," the source adds. Affleck, for his part, tried to protect Seraphina by picking her up and then using his leg to illustrate how much space he needed, but the "menacing" paps continued to close in.
The director and his wife, Jennifer Garner, are generally pretty accommodating when it comes to being photographed, even with their kids. (Seraphina is the middle child, between 7-year-old Violet and 12-month-old Samuel.) But this particular incident crossed a line, the Affleck source says.
"It's terrible ... This is a 4-year-old we're talking about," the insider tells Us. "This is a preschooler on her way to school, not a star outside a nightclub."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite