Ben Affleck Protects Daughter Seraphina, 4, From 'Menacing' Paparazzi
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet1 of 9
- Photo: Clint Brewer/Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: Stewart Cook/Rex USA3 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Instagram/@benaffleck/.5 of 9
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA7 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- What 'True Detective' Creator Learned From Co-Writing That Despised 'KillMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:16:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Slices Up $3.3 Million Thursday OpeningMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:10:00 AM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 11:49:00 PM
- Newsweek's Alleged Bitcoin Creator Denies Story, Flees In LA Car ChaseMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 10:39:00 PM
- 'All the Way' Theater Review: Bryan Cranston Brings His Wildly Funny LBJ to BroadwMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 8:00:00 PM
- What 'True Detective' Creator Learned From Co-Writing That Despised 'Kill
As one of the biggest movie stars in Hollywood, not to mention an Academy Award-winning director, Ben Affleck knows the price of fame. And he's usually happy to pay it -- except when it puts his kids in danger. On Friday, things got a little too close for comfort when he and his 4-year-old daughter, Seraphina, were swarmed by some particularly aggressive paparazzi outside her school.
A source close to the "Argo" star tells Us Weekly that photographers were "all over" the actor and his little girl -- to the point that it was actually scaring Seraphina. "She was asking for them to stop," the insider says, noting that Affleck asked them repeatedly to back off. "The paps said they needed to be 'that close.'"
"They were really swarming his daughter and yelling at her -- yelling at a 4-year-old," the source adds. Affleck, for his part, tried to protect Seraphina by picking her up and then using his leg to illustrate how much space he needed, but the "menacing" paps continued to close in.
The director and his wife, Jennifer Garner, are generally pretty accommodating when it comes to being photographed, even with their kids. (Seraphina is the middle child, between 7-year-old Violet and 12-month-old Samuel.) But this particular incident crossed a line, the Affleck source says.
"It's terrible ... This is a 4-year-old we're talking about," the insider tells Us. "This is a preschooler on her way to school, not a star outside a nightclub."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite