Ben Affleck: Raising kids is the greatest thing I could ever do
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet1 of 13
- Photo: Stoianov/Fame Flynet2 of 13
- Photo: WENN3 of 13
- Photo: PSD/Splash News4 of 13
- Photo: ROQU/GSI5 of 13
- Photo: Sasha/Pablo/Goodwin/Fame Flynet6 of 13
- Photo: Reefshots/Splash News7 of 13
- Photo: NPG/ZOJ/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: GSI9 of 13
- Photo: WENN10 of 13
- Photo: STFN/GSI11 of 13
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and CompMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:42:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Taps Andrew Gauthier to Lead Video DivisionMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Roger Goodell Won't Resign From NFL, But Promises Conduct Policy ChangesMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 3:29:00 PM
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production of Brian De Palma's Penn State Molestation Film 'To DeMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- Dancing's Derek Hough: We Have Something "Potentially Dangerous" PlannedMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and Comp
Ben Affleck is feeling proud -- both personally and professionally. Talking to Us Weekly at the UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television Film Festival on Thursday (where he was honored with the Filmmaker of the Year award), the "Argo" director opened up about his biggest accomplishment yet: raising kids.
Indeed, Affleck, 40, and wife Jennifer Garner, 41, may have their hands full raising daughters Violet, 7, Seraphina, 4, and son Samuel, 15 months, but he told Us he wouldn't want it any other way.
"They're sweet," he said of their children. "It's great. Raising kids is the greatest thing I think a person, or at least I, could ever do in my life. I know what the best part of my life is and it's my kids and it doesn't mean there aren't other things that aren't great, but I know sort of what the center is."
The Academy Award winner, who is playing Mr. Mom this summer as Garner dives into more acting roles, is happy to have found a happy work-life balance.
"For me, I've discovered that I work best with having a kind of balance in my life," he told Us. "I work really, really hard. I'm at a point in my life where I don't want to do anything for a living if I can't really work hard at it, work 18-hour days and be completely dedicated and also feel like you have to be invested and work on your family."
Affleck added, "If you're not working on spending time with your kids, then why'd you have a family to begin with? At least, if you're able to. Some folks can't even, don't have that time. So I'm trying to do both and you know, just figuring it out as it comes. I certainly don't pretend to have all the answers."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGorgeous Gwen
From Crowd Ignite