Ben Affleck: Raising kids is the greatest thing I could ever do
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet1 of 13
- Photo: Stoianov/Fame Flynet2 of 13
- Photo: WENN3 of 13
- Photo: PSD/Splash News4 of 13
- Photo: ROQU/GSI5 of 13
- Photo: Sasha/Pablo/Goodwin/Fame Flynet6 of 13
- Photo: Reefshots/Splash News7 of 13
- Photo: NPG/ZOJ/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: GSI9 of 13
- Photo: WENN10 of 13
- Photo: STFN/GSI11 of 13
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
Ben Affleck is feeling proud -- both personally and professionally. Talking to Us Weekly at the UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television Film Festival on Thursday (where he was honored with the Filmmaker of the Year award), the "Argo" director opened up about his biggest accomplishment yet: raising kids.
Indeed, Affleck, 40, and wife Jennifer Garner, 41, may have their hands full raising daughters Violet, 7, Seraphina, 4, and son Samuel, 15 months, but he told Us he wouldn't want it any other way.
"They're sweet," he said of their children. "It's great. Raising kids is the greatest thing I think a person, or at least I, could ever do in my life. I know what the best part of my life is and it's my kids and it doesn't mean there aren't other things that aren't great, but I know sort of what the center is."
The Academy Award winner, who is playing Mr. Mom this summer as Garner dives into more acting roles, is happy to have found a happy work-life balance.
"For me, I've discovered that I work best with having a kind of balance in my life," he told Us. "I work really, really hard. I'm at a point in my life where I don't want to do anything for a living if I can't really work hard at it, work 18-hour days and be completely dedicated and also feel like you have to be invested and work on your family."
Affleck added, "If you're not working on spending time with your kids, then why'd you have a family to begin with? At least, if you're able to. Some folks can't even, don't have that time. So I'm trying to do both and you know, just figuring it out as it comes. I certainly don't pretend to have all the answers."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber's on-going feud on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen swims with horses on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite