Ben Affleck: Raising kids is the greatest thing I could ever do
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet1 of 13
- Photo: Stoianov/Fame Flynet2 of 13
- Photo: WENN3 of 13
- Photo: PSD/Splash News4 of 13
- Photo: ROQU/GSI5 of 13
- Photo: Sasha/Pablo/Goodwin/Fame Flynet6 of 13
- Photo: Reefshots/Splash News7 of 13
- Photo: NPG/ZOJ/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: GSI9 of 13
- Photo: WENN10 of 13
- Photo: STFN/GSI11 of 13
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
Ben Affleck is feeling proud -- both personally and professionally. Talking to Us Weekly at the UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television Film Festival on Thursday (where he was honored with the Filmmaker of the Year award), the "Argo" director opened up about his biggest accomplishment yet: raising kids.
Indeed, Affleck, 40, and wife Jennifer Garner, 41, may have their hands full raising daughters Violet, 7, Seraphina, 4, and son Samuel, 15 months, but he told Us he wouldn't want it any other way.
"They're sweet," he said of their children. "It's great. Raising kids is the greatest thing I think a person, or at least I, could ever do in my life. I know what the best part of my life is and it's my kids and it doesn't mean there aren't other things that aren't great, but I know sort of what the center is."
The Academy Award winner, who is playing Mr. Mom this summer as Garner dives into more acting roles, is happy to have found a happy work-life balance.
"For me, I've discovered that I work best with having a kind of balance in my life," he told Us. "I work really, really hard. I'm at a point in my life where I don't want to do anything for a living if I can't really work hard at it, work 18-hour days and be completely dedicated and also feel like you have to be invested and work on your family."
Affleck added, "If you're not working on spending time with your kids, then why'd you have a family to begin with? At least, if you're able to. Some folks can't even, don't have that time. So I'm trying to do both and you know, just figuring it out as it comes. I certainly don't pretend to have all the answers."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAlmost Naked
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite