Ben Affleck: Raising kids is the greatest thing I could ever do
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet1 of 13
- Photo: Stoianov/Fame Flynet2 of 13
- Photo: WENN3 of 13
- Photo: PSD/Splash News4 of 13
- Photo: ROQU/GSI5 of 13
- Photo: Sasha/Pablo/Goodwin/Fame Flynet6 of 13
- Photo: Reefshots/Splash News7 of 13
- Photo: NPG/ZOJ/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: GSI9 of 13
- Photo: WENN10 of 13
- Photo: STFN/GSI11 of 13
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Bangerz Tour After Allergic Reaction to AntibioticsMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 3:13:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Remaining U.S. Tour Dates After HospitalizationMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:52:00 PM
- White House Responds to Justin Bieber Deportation PetitionMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:41:00 PM
- White House Responds to 'Deport Justin Bieber' Petition: Is This the End for Our FMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 1:49:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to Prom
Ben Affleck is feeling proud -- both personally and professionally. Talking to Us Weekly at the UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television Film Festival on Thursday (where he was honored with the Filmmaker of the Year award), the "Argo" director opened up about his biggest accomplishment yet: raising kids.
Indeed, Affleck, 40, and wife Jennifer Garner, 41, may have their hands full raising daughters Violet, 7, Seraphina, 4, and son Samuel, 15 months, but he told Us he wouldn't want it any other way.
"They're sweet," he said of their children. "It's great. Raising kids is the greatest thing I think a person, or at least I, could ever do in my life. I know what the best part of my life is and it's my kids and it doesn't mean there aren't other things that aren't great, but I know sort of what the center is."
The Academy Award winner, who is playing Mr. Mom this summer as Garner dives into more acting roles, is happy to have found a happy work-life balance.
"For me, I've discovered that I work best with having a kind of balance in my life," he told Us. "I work really, really hard. I'm at a point in my life where I don't want to do anything for a living if I can't really work hard at it, work 18-hour days and be completely dedicated and also feel like you have to be invested and work on your family."
Affleck added, "If you're not working on spending time with your kids, then why'd you have a family to begin with? At least, if you're able to. Some folks can't even, don't have that time. So I'm trying to do both and you know, just figuring it out as it comes. I certainly don't pretend to have all the answers."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite