- Photo: IPA PRESS/Bauer-Griffin1 of 16
- Photo: Brent Perniac/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.2 of 16
- Photo: GTRES/Fame Flynet3 of 16
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet4 of 16
- Photo: Nousha Salimi/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Mark Seliger/Details6 of 16
- Photo: Mark Seliger/Details7 of 16
- Photo: Mark Seliger/Details8 of 16
- Photo: Survivor/PacificCoastNews.com9 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet10 of 16
- Photo: Kim D. Johnson/AP11 of 16
- Photo: NAV/Fame Flynet12 of 16
- Photo: STEFANO MICOZZI/Insidefo/StarTraks13 of 16
- Photo: Alex J. Berliner / BEImages/Rex USA14 of 16
- Photo: JIM COOPER/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'New Girl's' Max Greenfield Confirms He's Returning for &apoMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 12:51:14 PM
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' to Be Directed by Sam Taylor-JohnsonMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 12:38:59 PM
- 'Ender's Game' Producer Linda McDonough Exits OddLot Entertainment to ProMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 12:33:32 PM
- Has Jay-Z's 'Magna Carta Holy Grail' Album Gone Platinum Before Its ReleaMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 12:33:15 PM
- Imagen Awards Nominate 'Chicago Fire,' 'Scandal,' 'GreyMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 12:20:12 PM
- 'New Girl's' Max Greenfield Confirms He's Returning for &apo
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) -- Ben Affleck is comparing Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney to past campaign losers Al Gore, Michael Dukakis and Bob Dole.
But the actor and director, who has been outspoken in support of Democratic causes in the past, also doesn't offer full-throated support for President Barack Obama.
"I voted for Obama last time, although he got to be all things to all people then," Affleck said in an interview to promote his new film, "Argo." ''And now he's got a record which makes it really different ... I obviously have more complicated feelings."
Affleck says Romney's inability to connect with everyday Americans is reminiscent of past failed candidates.
"I think Republicans really had a chance to win," Affleck said. "And they kind of ended up with like a sort of Mike Dukakis, Al Gore, Bob Dole type - who just couldn't get people to see him as a real person somehow. Romney just had such trouble coming off as just like the kind of person you see at the grocery store. And I truly believe that has cost him the election."
"It seems quite unlikely at least if you look at the statistics that he's going to pull it out. I think something happens in presidential politics where there's negative momentum. You start making mistakes and then all your advisers tell you, 'You've got to raise your arms more!' 'You've got to talk deeper.' So people just get into becoming robotic."
Affleck's "Argo," in theaters Oct. 12, chronicles a joint effort by the CIA and the Canadian government to rescue six Americans from Tehran after the U.S. embassy was taken over by Islamist militants in 1978.
Affleck, who has done lobbying in Washington and visited Africa several times for various causes, doesn't sound much of an optimistic note whatever the outcome in November.
RELATED: Celeb Protesters
"The world is a very tricky place in terms of foreign affairs. And really, really we're in very bad shape economically," he said. "My worry is less about the presidential election than whether or not we're on a permanent downtrend. That really concerns me. Beyond the Obama administration and whoever the next - the Clinton administration - whoever gets elected next. That's my main concern."
- Michelle Williams and Jason Segel are moving on!
- Wedding bells and baby rattles for Jennifer Love H
- Gisele Bundchen's bikini bod after baby
- Kim Kardashian's Last Trip to Paris Before Baby
- Prince Harry's scandal-free trip to the US
- Miley and Liam: Engagement Intervention?
- The Kardashians Luxurious Greek Getaway
- Will Sharon and Ozzy’s marriage survive his addiction issues?
- Why does Bradley Cooper live with his mom?
- Jessica Alba and Nicole Richie's Hot Caribbean Vacation
- Heidi Klum's Dramatic Beach Rescue
- Is Hayden Panettiere Secretly Engaged?
- Is Lindsay Lohan Ready to Clean Up Her Life?
- Are Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Over?
- Is Duchess Kate Expecting a Daughter?
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite