Halle Berry stalker sentenced to jail
- Photo: Scott Kirkland/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage2 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin4 of 11
- Photo: MAP/Splash News5 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 11
- Photo: London Entertainment / Splash/Splash News7 of 11
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com8 of 11
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: Fame Pictures10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 5:12:35 PM
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Dann Florek Exits ShowMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 4:33:02 PM
- 'Blue Jasmine' Will Be Back in 300 Theaters After Cate Blanchett's AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:54:06 PM
- NBC's 'The Sound of Music Live' to Re-Air on SaturdayMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:51 PM
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Mama Joyce Rampage Earns Season-High RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:22 PM
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'
A man accused of stalking Halle Berry has been sentenced to 386 days behind bars after striking a plea deal with prosecutors.
RELATED: Covert Couples
Richard Franco's sentence will be reduced by time already served, so he'll spend 193 days in jail.
He will also spend five years on probation upon his release and must complete a yearlong psychological counseling program.
He initially pleaded not guilty to felony charges of burglary and stalking, which carried a maximum total of 9 years behind bars, but he has since struck a deal with authorities and agreed to plead no contest to the stalking count, in exchange for the dismissal of the burglary charge.
RELATED: Celebrity Rebound Couples
Franco was arrested outside the actress's Hollywood Hills home in July after Berry spotted him trespassing on the property for the third time in as many days. He was carrying a key to the star's guest house, which he reportedly obtained by breaking into the house.
He initially pleaded not guilty to felony charges of burglary and stalking, which carried a maximum total of nine years behind bars, but he later struck a deal with authorities and agreed to plead no contest to the stalking count in exchange for the dismissal of the burglary charge.
RELATED: Children of Music Royalty
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "That '70s Show" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite