Halle Berry stalker sentenced to jail
- Photo: Scott Kirkland/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage2 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin4 of 11
- Photo: MAP/Splash News5 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 11
- Photo: London Entertainment / Splash/Splash News7 of 11
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com8 of 11
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: Fame Pictures10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Exclusive: General Hospital Supercouple Nancy Lee Grahn, William deVry Answer Fan QuestionsMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 8:59:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Extant' Drifts Down From Second EpisodeMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 8:56:00 AM
- Kelsey Grammer is a dad againMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 7:50:19 AM
- Shia LaBeouf given plea deal deadline in courtMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 7:27:09 AM
- Do Supernatural Shows Need a Human Element?MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 7:14:00 AM
- Exclusive: General Hospital Supercouple Nancy Lee Grahn, William deVry Answer Fan Questions
A man accused of stalking Halle Berry has been sentenced to 386 days behind bars after striking a plea deal with prosecutors.
RELATED: Covert Couples
Richard Franco's sentence will be reduced by time already served, so he'll spend 193 days in jail.
He will also spend five years on probation upon his release and must complete a yearlong psychological counseling program.
He initially pleaded not guilty to felony charges of burglary and stalking, which carried a maximum total of 9 years behind bars, but he has since struck a deal with authorities and agreed to plead no contest to the stalking count, in exchange for the dismissal of the burglary charge.
RELATED: Celebrity Rebound Couples
Franco was arrested outside the actress's Hollywood Hills home in July after Berry spotted him trespassing on the property for the third time in as many days. He was carrying a key to the star's guest house, which he reportedly obtained by breaking into the house.
He initially pleaded not guilty to felony charges of burglary and stalking, which carried a maximum total of nine years behind bars, but he later struck a deal with authorities and agreed to plead no contest to the stalking count in exchange for the dismissal of the burglary charge.
RELATED: Children of Music Royalty
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStar Gaze
From Crowd Ignite