Halle Berry stalker sentenced to jail
- Photo: Scott Kirkland/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage2 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin4 of 11
- Photo: MAP/Splash News5 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 11
- Photo: London Entertainment / Splash/Splash News7 of 11
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com8 of 11
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: Fame Pictures10 of 11
More Celeb News
- ZEFR Acquires Social Influencer Startup EngodoMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:44:00 PM
- 'Dallas' Finale Ratings: Ewing Cliffhanger Closes to Below-Average Total ViewersMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:33:00 PM
- Daytime Talk Ratings: 'Dr. Phil' Tops Premiere Week; 'The Meredith VieiraMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:14:00 PM
- Fox News Channel Rockets to Decisive Ratings Victory During US Airstrikes on ISISMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Simon Helberg's Directorial Debut Acquired by OrioMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 3:00:00 PM
- ZEFR Acquires Social Influencer Startup Engodo
A man accused of stalking Halle Berry has been sentenced to 386 days behind bars after striking a plea deal with prosecutors.
RELATED: Covert Couples
Richard Franco's sentence will be reduced by time already served, so he'll spend 193 days in jail.
He will also spend five years on probation upon his release and must complete a yearlong psychological counseling program.
He initially pleaded not guilty to felony charges of burglary and stalking, which carried a maximum total of 9 years behind bars, but he has since struck a deal with authorities and agreed to plead no contest to the stalking count, in exchange for the dismissal of the burglary charge.
RELATED: Celebrity Rebound Couples
Franco was arrested outside the actress's Hollywood Hills home in July after Berry spotted him trespassing on the property for the third time in as many days. He was carrying a key to the star's guest house, which he reportedly obtained by breaking into the house.
He initially pleaded not guilty to felony charges of burglary and stalking, which carried a maximum total of nine years behind bars, but he later struck a deal with authorities and agreed to plead no contest to the stalking count in exchange for the dismissal of the burglary charge.
RELATED: Children of Music Royalty
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Britney's new bachelorette status on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTInspiring Hubby!
From Crowd Ignite