Halle Berry stalker sentenced to jail
- Photo: Scott Kirkland/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage2 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin4 of 11
- Photo: MAP/Splash News5 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 11
- Photo: London Entertainment / Splash/Splash News7 of 11
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com8 of 11
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: Fame Pictures10 of 11
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
A man accused of stalking Halle Berry has been sentenced to 386 days behind bars after striking a plea deal with prosecutors.
RELATED: Covert Couples
Richard Franco's sentence will be reduced by time already served, so he'll spend 193 days in jail.
He will also spend five years on probation upon his release and must complete a yearlong psychological counseling program.
He initially pleaded not guilty to felony charges of burglary and stalking, which carried a maximum total of 9 years behind bars, but he has since struck a deal with authorities and agreed to plead no contest to the stalking count, in exchange for the dismissal of the burglary charge.
RELATED: Celebrity Rebound Couples
Franco was arrested outside the actress's Hollywood Hills home in July after Berry spotted him trespassing on the property for the third time in as many days. He was carrying a key to the star's guest house, which he reportedly obtained by breaking into the house.
He initially pleaded not guilty to felony charges of burglary and stalking, which carried a maximum total of nine years behind bars, but he later struck a deal with authorities and agreed to plead no contest to the stalking count in exchange for the dismissal of the burglary charge.
RELATED: Children of Music Royalty
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite