Bombs discovered near George Clooney's Italian villa
- Photo: Hypnotics/Splash News1 of 9
- Photo: Hypnotics / starsurf/Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: starsurf/Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: Alberto E. Rodriguez/GettyImages.com4 of 9
- Photo: jeff Kravitz/GettyImages.com5 of 9
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/GettyImages.com6 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Winter/GettyImages.com7 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'The Money Shot' Theater Review: Neil LaBute Delivers a Poison-Pen Note to HollywoMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 5:00:00 PM
- 'NCIS' Drafts MTV's 'Awkward' Star Nikki DeLoach (ExcluMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:59:00 PM
- OK! Magazine Dumps Digital Team, Launches Search for New Staff (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:58:00 PM
- The Wire Shutting Down and Being Folded Into Atlantic Flagship SiteMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Dallas' Cast Rallies Fans to Watch Season Finale as TNT Mulls RenewalMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:07:00 PM
- 'The Money Shot' Theater Review: Neil LaBute Delivers a Poison-Pen Note to Hollywo
By Jennifer Odell
Ah, the unanticipated complications of owning an Italian villa.
RELATED: George & more celebs on spring break
Military experts and Italian soldiers have closed off the area around George Clooney's home in northern Italy after an arsenal of unexploded World War II bombs was discovered about 50 feet from his 30-room perch on the cliffs of Lake Como, the Daily Mail reports.
The 60-year-old hand grenades, mortars and aircraft bombs were discovered when a fisherman dragged one of the munitions up from the bottom of the lake and the authorities were contacted.
Residents nearby have been told to stay inside and avoid windows while navy divers retrieve the devices so they can be detonated in a nearby cave.
In 2002, Clooney purchased the villa Oleandra at Laglio -- which boasts a private jetty, pool, gym, tennis courts, sprawling gardens and neighbors like Donatella Versace -- for about $9.9 million, according to the Mail.
Clooney is not believed to be at the villa this week.
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite