Bombs discovered near George Clooney's Italian villa
- Photo: Hypnotics/Splash News1 of 9
- Photo: Hypnotics / starsurf/Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: starsurf/Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: Alberto E. Rodriguez/GettyImages.com4 of 9
- Photo: jeff Kravitz/GettyImages.com5 of 9
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/GettyImages.com6 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Winter/GettyImages.com7 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 5:12:35 PM
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Dann Florek Exits ShowMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 4:33:02 PM
- 'Blue Jasmine' Will Be Back in 300 Theaters After Cate Blanchett's AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:54:06 PM
- NBC's 'The Sound of Music Live' to Re-Air on SaturdayMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:51 PM
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Mama Joyce Rampage Earns Season-High RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:22 PM
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'
By Jennifer Odell
Ah, the unanticipated complications of owning an Italian villa.
RELATED: George & more celebs on spring break
Military experts and Italian soldiers have closed off the area around George Clooney's home in northern Italy after an arsenal of unexploded World War II bombs was discovered about 50 feet from his 30-room perch on the cliffs of Lake Como, the Daily Mail reports.
The 60-year-old hand grenades, mortars and aircraft bombs were discovered when a fisherman dragged one of the munitions up from the bottom of the lake and the authorities were contacted.
Residents nearby have been told to stay inside and avoid windows while navy divers retrieve the devices so they can be detonated in a nearby cave.
In 2002, Clooney purchased the villa Oleandra at Laglio -- which boasts a private jetty, pool, gym, tennis courts, sprawling gardens and neighbors like Donatella Versace -- for about $9.9 million, according to the Mail.
Clooney is not believed to be at the villa this week.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite