Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Wedding: We 'Have No Date' Set
- Photo: CONTRAST/StarTraks1 of 9
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com2 of 9
- Photo: CAP/PPG/JH/Retna Ltd.3 of 9
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 9
- Photo: LACMA/Howard Pasamanick/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 9
- Photo: Warner Bros./Promotional8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Brad Pitt once proclaimed he wouldn't get married again until all couples had the legal right to do so -- and he meant it!
Though he proposed to Angelina Jolie, 36, earlier this year, the father-of-six isn't in a race to the altar. "We actually, really and truly, have no date," Pitt, 48, said at a press conference for "Killing Them Softly" during the Cannes Film Festival Tuesday.
"It's just something that makes sense to us, and certainly date-wise, it's just a rumor," he continued. "We're still hoping that we can figure out marriage equality in the states before that date."
Pitt asked Jolie to be his wife with a tablet-shaped diamond ring, estimated at 16 carats. "Angelina cried and smiled," a source told Us Weekly of the proposal. "And everyone hugged once she put it on. She went around and showed it to each of the kids."
It was the couple's eldest son, Maddox, 10, who encouraged Pitt to take the plunge. "Maddox wanted them to have a wedding," the source explained. "He was the most vocal in pushing for it."
His insistence gave Pitt the leverage he needed. "Brad pleaded and said that everything else in the kids' lives is not normal. He added that they travel constantly, they are always in different houses and different schools. They needed to give the kids one thing in their life that is normal, and they are asking for this," according to the source. "He said they should do it for them."
Though Pitt and his bride-to-be typically attend the Cannes Film Festival together, Jolie was M.I.A. this year. "She's actually not here right now. She's prepping for a movie she starts very soon," Pitt explained during Tuesday's press conference. (She begins shooting "Maleficent" this summer.)
When asked if he'd ever star in another movie with his future Mrs., Pitt -- who met Jolie on the set of "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" while still married to Jennifer Aniston -- responded: "Yeah, we'd love to."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Wedding: We "Have No Date" Set
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite