Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Wedding: We 'Have No Date' Set
- Photo: CONTRAST/StarTraks1 of 9
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com2 of 9
- Photo: CAP/PPG/JH/Retna Ltd.3 of 9
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 9
- Photo: LACMA/Howard Pasamanick/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 9
- Photo: Warner Bros./Promotional8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Sony Overhauls 'Smurfs' Franchise, Plans 'Popeye' MovieMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 10:20:00 AM
- Body of Proof's Nic Bishop Joins Covert AffairsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 10:18:00 AM
- CBS Renews The Big Bang Theory for Three More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:58:00 AM
- Alan Thicke Reality Sitcom to Get 14-Episode Run on TV Guide NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:56:00 AM
- 'Masters of Sex' Casts Keke Palmer for Season 2MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:52:00 AM
- Sony Overhauls 'Smurfs' Franchise, Plans 'Popeye' Movie
Brad Pitt once proclaimed he wouldn't get married again until all couples had the legal right to do so -- and he meant it!
Though he proposed to Angelina Jolie, 36, earlier this year, the father-of-six isn't in a race to the altar. "We actually, really and truly, have no date," Pitt, 48, said at a press conference for "Killing Them Softly" during the Cannes Film Festival Tuesday.
"It's just something that makes sense to us, and certainly date-wise, it's just a rumor," he continued. "We're still hoping that we can figure out marriage equality in the states before that date."
Pitt asked Jolie to be his wife with a tablet-shaped diamond ring, estimated at 16 carats. "Angelina cried and smiled," a source told Us Weekly of the proposal. "And everyone hugged once she put it on. She went around and showed it to each of the kids."
It was the couple's eldest son, Maddox, 10, who encouraged Pitt to take the plunge. "Maddox wanted them to have a wedding," the source explained. "He was the most vocal in pushing for it."
His insistence gave Pitt the leverage he needed. "Brad pleaded and said that everything else in the kids' lives is not normal. He added that they travel constantly, they are always in different houses and different schools. They needed to give the kids one thing in their life that is normal, and they are asking for this," according to the source. "He said they should do it for them."
Though Pitt and his bride-to-be typically attend the Cannes Film Festival together, Jolie was M.I.A. this year. "She's actually not here right now. She's prepping for a movie she starts very soon," Pitt explained during Tuesday's press conference. (She begins shooting "Maleficent" this summer.)
When asked if he'd ever star in another movie with his future Mrs., Pitt -- who met Jolie on the set of "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" while still married to Jennifer Aniston -- responded: "Yeah, we'd love to."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Wedding: We "Have No Date" Set
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From the Atkins Diet to aerial fitness classes, see what stars like Kim Kardashian, Jessica Alba and Beyonce do to keep in shape.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite