Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie Donate $500,000 to Tornado Relief
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com1 of 6
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin2 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com3 of 6
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: PN2/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
Brad Pitt hasn't forgotten his roots.
The 47-year-old Missouri native and his partner, Angelina Jolie, 36, donated $500,000 Friday to the Community Foundation of the Ozarks. Their contribution supports midterm and long-term rebuilding efforts in the Joplin, Mo., area, which was recently destroyed by a series of tornados.
"With the devastating loss of 30 percent of the city, the Joplin community faces great challenges ahead," Pitt told local news station KSPR. "Having spent much of my childhood there, I know these people to be hardworking, humble and especially resilient.
"The locally based Community Foundation of the Ozarks will be working shoulder to shoulder with these Joplin residents for the long haul as they rebuild their lives," he added. "We, too, hope to further help with these rebuilding efforts."
Said Jolie, "Our hearts go out to the families in Joplin who have lost so much."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite