Brad Pitt Consoles Suicidal Actor at 'Moneyball' Event
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com1 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 20
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com3 of 20
- Photo: Shizuo Kambayashi/Invision/AP4 of 20
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.5 of 20
- Photo: VPB/WENN6 of 20
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com7 of 20
- Photo: VPB/WENN8 of 20
- Photo: SI/Promotional9 of 20
- Photo: Russ Einhorn/Splash News10 of 20
- Photo: AP/People11 of 20
- Photo: Na Son Nguyen/Invision/AP12 of 20
- Photo: MICHEL SPINGLER/Invision/AP13 of 20
- Photo: Junji Kurokawa/Invision/AP14 of 20
- Photo: Yusuke Nakanishi/StarTraks15 of 20
- Photo: Masatoshi Okauchi/StarTraks16 of 20
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Francois Mori/Invision/AP17 of 20
- Photo: Invision/AP18 of 20
- Photo: VPB/WENN19 of 20
More Celeb News
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:09:35 PM
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' Review: Peter Jackson's Second VersMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:03:45 PM
- Fox Sports 1 Scores Best Ratings Week Since August LaunchMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:44:04 PM
- New York Post Settles Racial and Sexual Discrimination LawsuitMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:30:51 PM
- 'American Hustle' Cast To Be Honored by Palm Springs FestMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:20:58 PM
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)
Brad Pitt was a real pal to a stranger in need on Sunday.
Following a special screening of "Moneyball" at the Cary Grant Theater in Culver City, Calif., on Sunday, the star, 47, encountered a distraught man during a Q&A session with hundreds of fans.
According to an attendee, a 30-something struggling actor announced to Pitt, co-star Jonah Hill and the crowd that he was battling suicidal thoughts alone in his car before the night's event but that the film gave him "a renewed sense of hope."
(In the acclaimed film, Pitt plays real-life Oakland A's general manager Billy Beane, who built a champion team using computer-generated analysis to draft its player.)
"It was a really awkward moment," the attendee tells Us, adding that the actor got "choked up" as he revealed his battles to the crowd.
But Pitt didn't flinch, the witness says. "He said, 'Look, man, life is up and down, it's a vicious cycle, but you have to go through it and deal with that,'" the observer reveals.
The father of six and longtime love to Angelina Jolie continued in his pep talk, "'You can be down, but then you come back up again, and every failure can lead to success.'"
"It was a touching moment," adds a second observer. "As he left the theater he even stopped to talk with the guy to offer him some more words of encouragement because he was obviously fragile."
Marvels the first witness, "Brad handled the situation really well in front of several hundred people; it was a difficult moment that shocked everyone."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite