Brad Pitt Consoles Suicidal Actor at 'Moneyball' Event
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com1 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 20
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com3 of 20
- Photo: Shizuo Kambayashi/Invision/AP4 of 20
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.5 of 20
- Photo: VPB/WENN6 of 20
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com7 of 20
- Photo: VPB/WENN8 of 20
- Photo: SI/Promotional9 of 20
- Photo: Russ Einhorn/Splash News10 of 20
- Photo: AP/People11 of 20
- Photo: Na Son Nguyen/Invision/AP12 of 20
- Photo: MICHEL SPINGLER/Invision/AP13 of 20
- Photo: Junji Kurokawa/Invision/AP14 of 20
- Photo: Yusuke Nakanishi/StarTraks15 of 20
- Photo: Masatoshi Okauchi/StarTraks16 of 20
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Francois Mori/Invision/AP17 of 20
- Photo: Invision/AP18 of 20
- Photo: VPB/WENN19 of 20
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
Brad Pitt was a real pal to a stranger in need on Sunday.
Following a special screening of "Moneyball" at the Cary Grant Theater in Culver City, Calif., on Sunday, the star, 47, encountered a distraught man during a Q&A session with hundreds of fans.
According to an attendee, a 30-something struggling actor announced to Pitt, co-star Jonah Hill and the crowd that he was battling suicidal thoughts alone in his car before the night's event but that the film gave him "a renewed sense of hope."
(In the acclaimed film, Pitt plays real-life Oakland A's general manager Billy Beane, who built a champion team using computer-generated analysis to draft its player.)
"It was a really awkward moment," the attendee tells Us, adding that the actor got "choked up" as he revealed his battles to the crowd.
But Pitt didn't flinch, the witness says. "He said, 'Look, man, life is up and down, it's a vicious cycle, but you have to go through it and deal with that,'" the observer reveals.
The father of six and longtime love to Angelina Jolie continued in his pep talk, "'You can be down, but then you come back up again, and every failure can lead to success.'"
"It was a touching moment," adds a second observer. "As he left the theater he even stopped to talk with the guy to offer him some more words of encouragement because he was obviously fragile."
Marvels the first witness, "Brad handled the situation really well in front of several hundred people; it was a difficult moment that shocked everyone."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBikini Babe
From Crowd Ignite