Brad Pitt: I've Got Issues With My Religious Upbringing
- Photo: Clemens Bilan/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: Jacques Brinon/Invision/AP2 of 7
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com3 of 7
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Alex Brandon/Invision/AP5 of 7
- Photo: VPB/WENN6 of 7
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
By all appearances, Shiloh Jolie-Pitt and her five siblings live a charmed childhood -- but it wasn't exactly the same for their famous dad Brad Pitt.
Speaking to reporters Monday at the Cannes Film Festival premiere of his flick "Tree of Life," Pitt, 47, opened up about growing up in a religious family in Oklahoma.
"I got brought up being told things were God's way, and when things didn't work out it was called God's plan," Pitt said, according to Extra. "I've got my issues with it. Don't get me started. I found it very stifling."
These days, Pitt says he makes most of his film and life choices in honor of his children with Angelina Jolie.
"I think of everything I do now that my kids are going to see when they grow up and how are they going to feel," he explained. "But they know me as a dad and I hope they'll just think of me as a pretty damn good actor."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Bells
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite