Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston are 'very good friends,' says Pitt pal
- Photo: LIONEL CIRONNEAU/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: PATRICK GARDIN/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: MICHAEL CAULFIELD/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Sam Levi/WireImage4 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 8
- Photo: WireImage6 of 8
- Photo: Max Vadukul/Esquire7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Ratings: Fox's 'Gotham,' CBS's 'Scorpion' PremMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 9:08:00 AM
- 'Scandal' Star Scott Foley's Directorial Debut Acquired by Tribeca, Well MSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 9:00:00 AM
- Outfest to Honor Hilary Swank, Armistead Maupin and Levi Strauss & Co at Legacy Awards DinneMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 8:18:00 AM
- Maker Studios Targets Hispanic Millennials With MiTú PartnershipMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 8:00:00 AM
- VIDEO: Paula Deen Returns to Today, Reveals Comeback PlansMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 7:24:00 AM
- Ratings: Fox's 'Gotham,' CBS's 'Scorpion' Prem
Um, really? Brad Pitt's Esquire interview has even more surprising revelations -- this time from Jean Black, a makeup artist and friend who has worked with Pitt, 49, on nearly all of his films since 1990. Speaking with Esquire, Black sheds new light on Pitt's legendary meeting with Angelina Jolie on the 2004 set of "Mr. and Mrs. Smith," when he was still married (apparently unhappily) to Jennifer Aniston.
"I think Brad was ready to soar when he met Angie," says Black, who then quickly clarified of Aniston, whom Pitt divorced in 2006: "This is not to say anything negative about Jennifer. I was part of that and I know that he and Jennifer are very good friends and he cared deeply for her."
"But in Angie," Black continued, "he saw a very adventurous person who was grabbing on to life and taking it to its nth degree. It was intriguing because I felt Brad had that in him and wanted to unleash it."
Whether or not Pitt and Aniston, 43, are actually "very good friends" these days, the "World War Z" actor himself intimated to Esquire that he was deeply depressed about 10 years ago during his marriage to Aniston. Saying he'd done major "drug damage" to himself, Pitt said he was a "drifter. ... I spent years f---ing off." About 10 years ago, all that changed.
"It was an epiphany -- a decision not to squander my opportunities," he explains. "It was a feeling of, 'Get up.' Because otherwise, what's the point?"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Britney's new bachelorette status on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTInspiring Hubby!
From Crowd Ignite