Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston are 'very good friends,' says Pitt pal
- Photo: LIONEL CIRONNEAU/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: PATRICK GARDIN/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: MICHAEL CAULFIELD/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Sam Levi/WireImage4 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 8
- Photo: WireImage6 of 8
- Photo: Max Vadukul/Esquire7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Edgar Wright to Direct Young Adult Adaptation 'Grasshopper Jungle' for SonyMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Comedy Central Renews 'Drunk History,' 'Nathan for You'MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 2:45:00 PM
- Colin Firth, Emma Stone riff on working with WoodyMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 2:42:41 PM
- 'Up the Down Staircase' writer Kaufman dies at 103MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 2:41:09 PM
- Game of Thrones Casts Red Viper's Brother, Recasts Joffrey's SisterMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 2:09:00 PM
- Edgar Wright to Direct Young Adult Adaptation 'Grasshopper Jungle' for Sony
Um, really? Brad Pitt's Esquire interview has even more surprising revelations -- this time from Jean Black, a makeup artist and friend who has worked with Pitt, 49, on nearly all of his films since 1990. Speaking with Esquire, Black sheds new light on Pitt's legendary meeting with Angelina Jolie on the 2004 set of "Mr. and Mrs. Smith," when he was still married (apparently unhappily) to Jennifer Aniston.
"I think Brad was ready to soar when he met Angie," says Black, who then quickly clarified of Aniston, whom Pitt divorced in 2006: "This is not to say anything negative about Jennifer. I was part of that and I know that he and Jennifer are very good friends and he cared deeply for her."
"But in Angie," Black continued, "he saw a very adventurous person who was grabbing on to life and taking it to its nth degree. It was intriguing because I felt Brad had that in him and wanted to unleash it."
Whether or not Pitt and Aniston, 43, are actually "very good friends" these days, the "World War Z" actor himself intimated to Esquire that he was deeply depressed about 10 years ago during his marriage to Aniston. Saying he'd done major "drug damage" to himself, Pitt said he was a "drifter. ... I spent years f---ing off." About 10 years ago, all that changed.
"It was an epiphany -- a decision not to squander my opportunities," he explains. "It was a feeling of, 'Get up.' Because otherwise, what's the point?"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite