Brad Pitt tweets to China that he's coming
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN1 of 19
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/Invision/AP2 of 19
- Photo: Jon Furniss/Invision/AP3 of 19
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage4 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage5 of 19
- Photo: Rex USA6 of 19
- Photo: MARIO ANZUONI/Reuters7 of 19
- Photo: MARIO ANZUONI/Reuters8 of 19
- Photo: LUCAS JACKSON/Reuters9 of 19
- Photo: THOMAS PETER/Reuters10 of 19
- Photo: Toru Hanai/Reuters11 of 19
- Photo: Reuters12 of 19
- Photo: MARIO ANZUONI/Reuters13 of 19
- Photo: STR/AFP/Getty Images North America14 of 19
- Photo: V Jackman/FilmMagic15 of 19
- Photo: Dominique Charriau/WireImage16 of 19
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage17 of 19
- Photo: Venturelli/WireImage18 of 19
More Celeb News
- 'Birdman' Venice Review: Michael Keaton as an Actor With Caped-Crusader IssuesMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:34:00 AM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Death: Say Goodbye toMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 12:29:00 AM
- Black TV Producer Wrongly Detained in Beverly Hills Says 'Ferguson Resonated In My Mind&MSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 11:09:00 PM
- Emmys 2014: TheWrap's Complete CoverageMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 9:51:00 PM
- The 6 Best Moments From The 'Chelsea Lately' Series FinaleMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 9:49:00 PM
- 'Birdman' Venice Review: Michael Keaton as an Actor With Caped-Crusader Issues
BEIJING (AP) — Brad Pitt is now on China's version of Twitter, and his mysterious first tweet has drawn thousands of comments.
The actor's verified Sina Weibo account sent the message Monday: "It is the truth. Yup, I'm coming." That was forwarded more than 31,000 times and netted over 14,000 comments, many expressing surprise. He gathered more than 100,000 followers.
The IMDb.com movie website says Pitt is banned from entering China because of his role in the 1997 film "Seven Years in Tibet." The government was upset about the film's portrayal of harsh Chinese rule in Tibet. His later film "Mr. & Mrs. Smith," with Angelina Jolie, was popular in China.
RELATED: Hottest couples of 2012
Former NBA star Stephon Marbury, who now plays for the Chinese Basketball Association, is prolific on Weibo and has over 779,000 followers.
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWhat's Buzzing
From Crowd Ignite