Brad Pitt tweets to China that he's coming
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN1 of 19
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/Invision/AP2 of 19
- Photo: Jon Furniss/Invision/AP3 of 19
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage4 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage5 of 19
- Photo: Rex USA6 of 19
- Photo: MARIO ANZUONI/Reuters7 of 19
- Photo: MARIO ANZUONI/Reuters8 of 19
- Photo: LUCAS JACKSON/Reuters9 of 19
- Photo: THOMAS PETER/Reuters10 of 19
- Photo: Toru Hanai/Reuters11 of 19
- Photo: Reuters12 of 19
- Photo: MARIO ANZUONI/Reuters13 of 19
- Photo: STR/AFP/Getty Images North America14 of 19
- Photo: V Jackman/FilmMagic15 of 19
- Photo: Dominique Charriau/WireImage16 of 19
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage17 of 19
- Photo: Venturelli/WireImage18 of 19
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
BEIJING (AP) — Brad Pitt is now on China's version of Twitter, and his mysterious first tweet has drawn thousands of comments.
The actor's verified Sina Weibo account sent the message Monday: "It is the truth. Yup, I'm coming." That was forwarded more than 31,000 times and netted over 14,000 comments, many expressing surprise. He gathered more than 100,000 followers.
The IMDb.com movie website says Pitt is banned from entering China because of his role in the 1997 film "Seven Years in Tibet." The government was upset about the film's portrayal of harsh Chinese rule in Tibet. His later film "Mr. & Mrs. Smith," with Angelina Jolie, was popular in China.
RELATED: Hottest couples of 2012
Former NBA star Stephon Marbury, who now plays for the Chinese Basketball Association, is prolific on Weibo and has over 779,000 followers.
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Nicole Richie, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite