Brad Pitt tweets to China that he's coming
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN1 of 19
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/Invision/AP2 of 19
- Photo: Jon Furniss/Invision/AP3 of 19
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage4 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage5 of 19
- Photo: Rex USA6 of 19
- Photo: MARIO ANZUONI/Reuters7 of 19
- Photo: MARIO ANZUONI/Reuters8 of 19
- Photo: LUCAS JACKSON/Reuters9 of 19
- Photo: THOMAS PETER/Reuters10 of 19
- Photo: Toru Hanai/Reuters11 of 19
- Photo: Reuters12 of 19
- Photo: MARIO ANZUONI/Reuters13 of 19
- Photo: STR/AFP/Getty Images North America14 of 19
- Photo: V Jackman/FilmMagic15 of 19
- Photo: Dominique Charriau/WireImage16 of 19
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage17 of 19
- Photo: Venturelli/WireImage18 of 19
More Celeb News
- Gabrielle Union Vows to Contact FBI After Stolen Topless Photos Are LeakedMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 8:44:00 AM
- Why Is Hope Solo Allowed to Play Soccer Despite Domestic Abuse Charges?MSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 8:19:00 AM
- HBO's Beyonce-Jay Z 'On the Run Tour' Documentary Slayed Fans: The Best TMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 8:56:00 PM
- TLC's 'Little People, Big World' Star Jeremy Roloff's Wedding FiMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 6:17:00 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Gabrielle Union Vows to Contact FBI After Stolen Topless Photos Are Leaked
BEIJING (AP) — Brad Pitt is now on China's version of Twitter, and his mysterious first tweet has drawn thousands of comments.
The actor's verified Sina Weibo account sent the message Monday: "It is the truth. Yup, I'm coming." That was forwarded more than 31,000 times and netted over 14,000 comments, many expressing surprise. He gathered more than 100,000 followers.
The IMDb.com movie website says Pitt is banned from entering China because of his role in the 1997 film "Seven Years in Tibet." The government was upset about the film's portrayal of harsh Chinese rule in Tibet. His later film "Mr. & Mrs. Smith," with Angelina Jolie, was popular in China.
RELATED: Hottest couples of 2012
Former NBA star Stephon Marbury, who now plays for the Chinese Basketball Association, is prolific on Weibo and has over 779,000 followers.
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite