Brad Pitt tweets to China that he's coming
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN1 of 19
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/Invision/AP2 of 19
- Photo: Jon Furniss/Invision/AP3 of 19
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage4 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage5 of 19
- Photo: Rex USA6 of 19
- Photo: MARIO ANZUONI/Reuters7 of 19
- Photo: MARIO ANZUONI/Reuters8 of 19
- Photo: LUCAS JACKSON/Reuters9 of 19
- Photo: THOMAS PETER/Reuters10 of 19
- Photo: Toru Hanai/Reuters11 of 19
- Photo: Reuters12 of 19
- Photo: MARIO ANZUONI/Reuters13 of 19
- Photo: STR/AFP/Getty Images North America14 of 19
- Photo: V Jackman/FilmMagic15 of 19
- Photo: Dominique Charriau/WireImage16 of 19
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage17 of 19
- Photo: Venturelli/WireImage18 of 19
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
BEIJING (AP) — Brad Pitt is now on China's version of Twitter, and his mysterious first tweet has drawn thousands of comments.
The actor's verified Sina Weibo account sent the message Monday: "It is the truth. Yup, I'm coming." That was forwarded more than 31,000 times and netted over 14,000 comments, many expressing surprise. He gathered more than 100,000 followers.
The IMDb.com movie website says Pitt is banned from entering China because of his role in the 1997 film "Seven Years in Tibet." The government was upset about the film's portrayal of harsh Chinese rule in Tibet. His later film "Mr. & Mrs. Smith," with Angelina Jolie, was popular in China.
RELATED: Hottest couples of 2012
Former NBA star Stephon Marbury, who now plays for the Chinese Basketball Association, is prolific on Weibo and has over 779,000 followers.
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Bells
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite