Brad Pitt's Mother Supports Romney, Conservative Views on Homosexuality
- Photo: CONTRAST/StarTraks1 of 12
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.2 of 12
- Photo: 20th Century Fox/Promotional3 of 12
- Photo: DS/PIXX/Fame Flynet4 of 12
- Photo: LIONEL CIRONNEAU/Invision/AP5 of 12
- Photo: Jean Catuffe/Pacific Coast News6 of 12
- Photo: Picasa/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: LACMA/Howard Pasamanick/Invision/AP8 of 12
- Photo: AP1/WENN9 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Brad Pitt may support gay-marriage, but his mother, Jane Pitt, does not.
In a letter printed in The Springfield News-Leader on Tuesday, Brad's mother supported Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and his conservative views on homosexuality.
Jane was responding to a previously published letter by a reader who urged voters to shut out Romney's presidential bid because of his Mormon beliefs. She identified herself as "a Christian [who differs] with the Mormon religion."
She writes, "Any Christian should spend much time in prayer before refusing to vote for a family man with high morals, business experience, who is against abortion, and shares Christian conviction concerning homosexuality just because he is a Mormon." Pitt goes on to say that, "any Christian who does not vote or writes in a name is casting a vote for Romney's opponent, Barack Hussein Obama -- a man who sat in Jeremiah Wright's church for years, did not hold a public ceremony to mark the National Day of Prayer, and is a liberal who supports the killing of unborn babies and same-sex marriage."
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Missouri newspaper initially printed an editor's note denying a relation between the writer and Brad. However, the paper replaced the first editor's note with a second, reading, "Editor's note: To clear up earlier confusion, the News-Leader has verified the letter writer is the mother of actor Brad Pitt and local businessman Doug Pitt."
Jane and her husband are very close with their son Brad, 48. The actor's parents joined him on the red carpet of the premiere of Angelina Jolie's directorial and screenwriting debut of "In the Land of Blood and Honey" in New York in December. They also frequently babysit the couple's six children, Maddox, 10, Pax, 8, Zahara, 7, Shiloh, 5 and twins Knox and Vivienne, 3.
However, the mother and son have drastically different than her 48-year-old son Brad's beliefs. In September 2007, Pitt donated $100,000 to the campaign against Proposition 8 "because everyone has the right to live the life they so desire if it doesn't harm another and because discrimination has no place in America."
In December 2011, Pitt appeared on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" and explained why he and Jolie were not tying the knot. "I've said that we would not be getting married until everyone in this county had the right to get married ..." he said. "Until that is reversed. I just don't get it."
The couple got engaged earlier this year, but "have no date" set.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Brad Pitt's Mother Writes Anti-Gay Marriage Letter
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite