Brad Pitt's Mother Supports Romney, Conservative Views on Homosexuality
- Photo: CONTRAST/StarTraks1 of 12
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.2 of 12
- Photo: 20th Century Fox/Promotional3 of 12
- Photo: DS/PIXX/Fame Flynet4 of 12
- Photo: LIONEL CIRONNEAU/Invision/AP5 of 12
- Photo: Jean Catuffe/Pacific Coast News6 of 12
- Photo: Picasa/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: LACMA/Howard Pasamanick/Invision/AP8 of 12
- Photo: AP1/WENN9 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Review: alt-J returns with beautiful, baffling LPMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 8:11:15 AM
- NFL May Finally Have to Address Domestic Abuse, Now That Big Money Is At StakeMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 8:00:00 AM
- Getting animals to dazzle on screen is a wild jobMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 7:50:29 AM
- Puerto Rico police arrest reggaeton star Don OmarMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 7:15:30 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 10:05 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 7:05:02 AM
- Review: alt-J returns with beautiful, baffling LP
Brad Pitt may support gay-marriage, but his mother, Jane Pitt, does not.
In a letter printed in The Springfield News-Leader on Tuesday, Brad's mother supported Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and his conservative views on homosexuality.
Jane was responding to a previously published letter by a reader who urged voters to shut out Romney's presidential bid because of his Mormon beliefs. She identified herself as "a Christian [who differs] with the Mormon religion."
She writes, "Any Christian should spend much time in prayer before refusing to vote for a family man with high morals, business experience, who is against abortion, and shares Christian conviction concerning homosexuality just because he is a Mormon." Pitt goes on to say that, "any Christian who does not vote or writes in a name is casting a vote for Romney's opponent, Barack Hussein Obama -- a man who sat in Jeremiah Wright's church for years, did not hold a public ceremony to mark the National Day of Prayer, and is a liberal who supports the killing of unborn babies and same-sex marriage."
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Missouri newspaper initially printed an editor's note denying a relation between the writer and Brad. However, the paper replaced the first editor's note with a second, reading, "Editor's note: To clear up earlier confusion, the News-Leader has verified the letter writer is the mother of actor Brad Pitt and local businessman Doug Pitt."
Jane and her husband are very close with their son Brad, 48. The actor's parents joined him on the red carpet of the premiere of Angelina Jolie's directorial and screenwriting debut of "In the Land of Blood and Honey" in New York in December. They also frequently babysit the couple's six children, Maddox, 10, Pax, 8, Zahara, 7, Shiloh, 5 and twins Knox and Vivienne, 3.
However, the mother and son have drastically different than her 48-year-old son Brad's beliefs. In September 2007, Pitt donated $100,000 to the campaign against Proposition 8 "because everyone has the right to live the life they so desire if it doesn't harm another and because discrimination has no place in America."
In December 2011, Pitt appeared on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" and explained why he and Jolie were not tying the knot. "I've said that we would not be getting married until everyone in this county had the right to get married ..." he said. "Until that is reversed. I just don't get it."
The couple got engaged earlier this year, but "have no date" set.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Brad Pitt's Mother Writes Anti-Gay Marriage Letter
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite