Bradley Cooper Congratulates Ex Jennifer Aniston on Engagement
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Winter/Getty Images North America2 of 8
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks3 of 8
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage4 of 8
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks5 of 8
- Photo: ABFR/GSI6 of 8
- Photo: Patrick Hoffmann/WENN7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Review: 'Veronica' a solid cinematic turnMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 8:22:59 AM
- Belgian jazz musician Thielemans retires at 91MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 8:13:21 AM
- Dogs 'muttbomb' celebrities to boost adoptionsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 7:55:32 AM
- Book of Oprah Winfrey columns to be published in fallMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 7:06:17 AM
- Hogan's Heroes Star Cynthia Lynn Dies at 76MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 6:39:00 AM
- Review: 'Veronica' a solid cinematic turn
At the L.A. premiere of "Hit and Run" on Aug. 14, Cooper, 37, was asked about the actress' recent engagement to Justin Theroux, her love of 18 months. "That's awesome!" Cooper told Us Weekly. (The two starred in 2009's ensemble rom-com "He's Just Not That Into You" but did not share any scenes.)
(Reps for both Theroux, 41, and Aniston, 43, confirmed the stars' engagement to Us on Aug. 12; Screenwriter Theroux's rep added, "Justin Theroux had an amazing birthday Friday, receiving an extraordinary gift when his girlfriend, Jennifer Aniston, accepted his proposal of marriage.")
Cooper and Aniston were first spotted dining together at New York City's Il Cantinori on June 18, 2009. When Cooper and his "Case 39" costar Renee Zellweger, 43, decided to amp up their romance, Aniston was disappointed, a source told Us at the time. "She wanted to turn her date with Cooper into something."
All that is water under the bridge now. According to an insider, Theroux -- who first met Aniston via mutual pal Ben Stiller on the 2007 set of "Tropic Thunder" -- "makes her feel safe and secure when she's with him. A lot of her insecurities melt away."
And Theroux, who costarred with Aniston and Paul Rudd in "Wanderlust," is the perfect match for once-wed Aniston. "He's a charming young man," the "Friends" star's father, "Days of Our Lives" actor John Aniston, told Us in late 2011. "I think they make a wonderful couple."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From the Atkins Diet to aerial fitness classes, see what stars like Kim Kardashian, Jessica Alba and Beyonce do to keep in shape.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite